“Late Spring Break trip to Panama City, FL”

and 1 more site!
Emerald Beach Resort
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This trip was with myself and my two kids. My kids are a 10 year old boy and 12 year old girl. We arrived around 400p on Sunday and our room was ready. The Emerald is connected to the Wyndham resort. There are two separate check in desks. After you arrive turn to the checkin desk to the right of the Wyndham. The Emerald Beach resort shares just about everything with the Wyndham. You will need to park in the garage and then walk across the bridge to get to the hotel/condo. Expect to walk a bit of a distance with bags, groceries, etc. after you park in the garage. We had a one bedroom with bunk bed and pull out couch on the 12th floor. Every room has a balcony that overlooks the beach area. The room also had a kitchen with basic equipment as well as a dining room table. Wi-fi is not offered or available in the Emerald. It sounded as though hard line Internet would be available if you had a laptop. The carpet had the look of a well worn condo. Numerous stains and could use a good cleaning. The beds and other areas were clean. Key to know is that the resort is treated as more of a condo vice hotel. Do not expect daily maid service. There is also a washer and dryer in the unit.

The beach areas near the hotel were excellent. We were there late for Spring break and only had to deal with a few typical "spring break nonsense.". Since we flew into Panama City, we rented a beach chair near the Emerald. We took it for 3 days. Expect to pay around $30-$35 a day for two lounges and 1 umbrella. Pools at the complex were heated which made for a nice break from the cool Gulf. The resort is about 5-10 minute drive from Pier Park which gives you access to restaurants, stores, and a Super Target.

I'd be comfortable staying here again. I would probably look at another option for comparison if we were to go back. It's not the best place, but not bad either. My kids did not seem to clue in on the things that adults tend to look for in terms of negatives.

Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Mark J

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This review is specific to #2130 which is a timeshare through Wyndham Resorts.

Walls were beat to hell and need painting, Old mattress. Sheets paper thin. Decor from the 70s. Ceiling fans did not work. A third of the wall plugs did not work. Internet it seems in every room around this one had wireless internet except this one. Internet was available by the hard wiring into the wall via the provided ethernet cable, which was missing.

While clean, the resort has alot of deferred maintenance.

Pools were nice and the beaches beautiful as always.

If you are looking for an average room, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank treddock
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed at unit 1427 and the resort was extremely clean and the people were very professional and kind. After reading some of the reviews I cannot believe how hard it is to make some people happy. The condo was very clean and the views were gorgeous. My family have stayed at several different resorts in Panama City Beach but Emerald Beach Resort was very clean and beautiful. All the staff was so kind and helpful to me and my family. We have stayed at Emerald Beach Resort every year since 2009 because of the resort itself, Pier Park and Sharky's that is minutes away. I promise you cannot find a nicer complex than Emerald Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Unit 1427 was decorated very professional and gave us the feeling we were diffently at the beach. W...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bepositiveinlife
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I would much prefer to deal with owners rather than agents. Until I met Karen from Condo Resort Services - www.visitpcb.com. The condo I rented at Emerald Beach literally could not have been nicer. It was immaculate and I'm fussy. The kitchen was well equiped with barely used cookware, dishes, glasses (Tervis Tumblers !!!) even the knives were sharp, usually never happens ! I'm a longtime snowbird to PCB and I'm thrilled I finally found an agent and hopefully same condo for years to come. I was also privilaged to have met the owners. Thank you for a wonderful visit (pcb.com) and God Bless !!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank SJS0311
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We are here on a much-needed vacation. Our condo is perfect for us; wonderful balcony two baths, fully equipped kitchen and away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to all the shops we need or are interested in going to.
Owner of this condo has always been available when we had a question. We will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple