“Have an escort bring you to your room”

and 1 more site!
Emerald Beach Resort
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Weird way of getting to rooms. I recommend having an escort bring you to your room otherwise you will have to rely on whoever is around once you are lost to help you find your way to your room. Not a very good first impression at all.

Room Tip: Have an escort bring you to your room. I think all the rooms are nice once you get in them.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank faroutnspace

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We just got back from spring break 2012....My family of 5 stayed at the Emerald and reserved our room through the resort itself. I don't reccomend this at all! Our unit was filthy!! First thing we found in all the beds was hair, and it was not just one and it wasn't from someones head!!! We were exhausted from a 20 some hour drive and had to deal with this.....we were totally grossed out. So I called the front desk and told them about our discoveries. It took about 2 hours for them to send someone up and change the linens. There were 3 ladies which were all speaking a different language as they were doing the beds. Right after that ordeal my daughter went to go out on the balcony and the screen came right off the track and had my 6 foot 1 husband not been standing near her, would have fallen right on top of her! So again I called the manager and she said she would send someone up the next day. I said I didn't want anyone in the room if we arent there and for them to call me we were just going to be out at the beach and we could come right up. Well, all day went by, no call.....so we went up to our room for the day and someone had come into our room and fixed the screen!!! Now lets move onto the floors which in the first 10 minutes of taking our shoes off our socks were black, and when I say black I mean BLACK! So we had to mop the floors with the nasty filthy mop that was there. Then we went to go dry the floors with a towel and the towel was black after. Now the showers.....the shower liners and curtains in both bathrooms had what looked like blood splatters on them....they were totally disgusting! Then we found someone else's underwear on the side of the washer and dryer....now if we found them by just looking, how did the cleaning people not find them?? God only knows how long they had been there!! Then when it came to sleeping the beds were very creaky. I couldn't even turn over without waking up my entire family. Also the beds had a ditch in the matress on both sides where we had to sleep. There was no internet and no phone service anywhere! It was horriable and I would never stay there again! Very disappointed for the amount of money we paid for this unit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lori H
Reviewed 8 April 2012

MARK J. pretty much summed it up. The biggest negative about the complex was the effort it takes to get around the complex. It takes a while to determine which set of stairs, which elevators and which escalators you need to take to get to your room, to the beach, either of the two pools and the parking deck across the street. You have to do an awful lot of walking to get anywhere. Also the beach chairs you rent are way too close to each other. You can touch the people who rent the chair next to you just by opening your arm out to the side. People walk between the chairs which is disturbing and you can hear eveyone's conversation in the chairs in either direction. They have enough beach space to have added another row of chairs and still make money instead of putting them so close together. That is my biggest complaint. The resort is clean and in a good location. Pier Park is a nice place to spend a day with your family. Rides for children and shopping/eating for adults.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and had a good view. However, if I had a choice, I would have selected a l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GTSisters
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This trip was with myself and my two kids. My kids are a 10 year old boy and 12 year old girl. We arrived around 400p on Sunday and our room was ready. The Emerald is connected to the Wyndham resort. There are two separate check in desks. After you arrive turn to the checkin desk to the right of the Wyndham. The Emerald Beach resort shares just about everything with the Wyndham. You will need to park in the garage and then walk across the bridge to get to the hotel/condo. Expect to walk a bit of a distance with bags, groceries, etc. after you park in the garage. We had a one bedroom with bunk bed and pull out couch on the 12th floor. Every room has a balcony that overlooks the beach area. The room also had a kitchen with basic equipment as well as a dining room table. Wi-fi is not offered or available in the Emerald. It sounded as though hard line Internet would be available if you had a laptop. The carpet had the look of a well worn condo. Numerous stains and could use a good cleaning. The beds and other areas were clean. Key to know is that the resort is treated as more of a condo vice hotel. Do not expect daily maid service. There is also a washer and dryer in the unit.

The beach areas near the hotel were excellent. We were there late for Spring break and only had to deal with a few typical "spring break nonsense.". Since we flew into Panama City, we rented a beach chair near the Emerald. We took it for 3 days. Expect to pay around $30-$35 a day for two lounges and 1 umbrella. Pools at the complex were heated which made for a nice break from the cool Gulf. The resort is about 5-10 minute drive from Pier Park which gives you access to restaurants, stores, and a Super Target.

I'd be comfortable staying here again. I would probably look at another option for comparison if we were to go back. It's not the best place, but not bad either. My kids did not seem to clue in on the things that adults tend to look for in terms of negatives.

Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This review is specific to #2130 which is a timeshare through Wyndham Resorts.

Walls were beat to hell and need painting, Old mattress. Sheets paper thin. Decor from the 70s. Ceiling fans did not work. A third of the wall plugs did not work. Internet it seems in every room around this one had wireless internet except this one. Internet was available by the hard wiring into the wall via the provided ethernet cable, which was missing.

While clean, the resort has alot of deferred maintenance.

Pools were nice and the beaches beautiful as always.

If you are looking for an average room, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends