All reviews parking garage across the street sky bridge kiddie pool bunk beds owned condo zero entry washer and dryer fitness center your luggage time share nice resort short drive during spring break great condo balcony beach
Reviewed 13 July 2009

With any place you visit, there will always be good reviews and bad reviews. I read all the reviews I could find on the Emerald Beach Resort, and seemed satisfied that this was the place for us. The only inconvenience was that with a 4pm check-in, our room was not ready until close to 5pm, but when we finally got in our room, we were very surprised. The rooms were very tastefully furnished and color coordinated, the flat screen (plasma , I believe) t.v.'s were great for entertaining the kids, the view from the balcony was breathtaking, even from the 18th floor. The best part of the resort were the pools, 2 heated ones and one zero entry kiddie pool. The kids wanted to go to every day. We had originally planned on going to the local water park, but we knew we would be limited to what we could do with 2 small children, so we saved our money and stayed at the pool. There is ample parking across the street in the parking garage and they have a skywalk to cross over to the resort side, sometimes the elevators seemed to take a while, but what can you expect with 25 floors. Overall, I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2009

When we checked in our room was not ready for 2 hours, which was about 6:00 p.m. After a long drive, this was unacceptable to us, since we are Wyndham owners. Room and accomdations were beautiful. It is a hassel to get to and from vehicle and room, a long walk, and confusing.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We arrived on June 14th for our week long stay, I had read other reviews and had the lay out figured out when we got there. It is some what a bother parking across the street, but the quality of the resort makes up for it.
The location of the resort is great, go-carts putt-putt and a arcade are all within walking distance, there is also a small store across the for those mid day beer runs from the beach. The resort was pretty packed but never had trouble finding loungers or chairs at the pools across the street, the beach side pool was a little harder to get a lounger but chairs were fairly easy to find.
Honestly the best review I could give is that we are planning to stay here next year for our vacation. The one and only complaint I would have is about finding carts to haul your luggage or grocerys to the room, when we arrived on Saturday there were none to be found. I searched all the floors in the parking grage and asked for help at the front desk but still none were found, finnally we just gave up and everyone had to make three trips hauling everything to the room. I talked with a bellman later in the week and the resort is supposed to have 50 carts, I never saw more than 2-3 at the bottom of the escalators during the entire week. I felt bad about doing this but the day before we left I grabbed a cart and kept it in the room till we left, but on the morning we left there were people waiting for carts to get there stuff out. The bellman did tell me they had more carts on order but with parking being so far from the rooms this does create a problem. Other than this one problem I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Nashdy
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We stayed at Emerald Beach Resort May 30 - June 6. Rented condo from a private owner and it was everything we expected and more! The condo was very clean when we arrived and the view from the living room out onto the balcony was stunning!

The unit had everything we needed as far as pots, pans, glasses, utensils, etc. and plenty of towels, we were in need of nothing but groceries. The bed in the master bedroom was to die for, we slept like babies. When we first arrived, we thought the layout of the resort was a little weird but in an hour we had it down and for us there were no complaints.

The pools were great, 3 pools, always clean and clear and very inviting, kids loved it and mom and dad loved the tiki hut with yummy drinks! Staff was very very friendly and always helpful, we will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank lacey4
Reviewed 27 May 2009

We stayed at the Emerald Beach Resort during the week before the Memorial Day and besides the weather, we had a great time at the resort. The main downside was the parking, which as mentioned in the other reviews, is pretty complex. You have to park across the street in the garage, cross the third floor walkway, go down to the 1st floor, and finally take the side elevators which take you to the condos. They were having trouble with the side elevators so only half were working properly. The other downside is that they do have chairs on the beach, but they are rentals that you have to pay to use each day. Other than those two issues, our room was really clean and we had a great view of the gulf. We had everything we needed in the kitchen and in the bedroom. They had ethernet in our room which was pretty fast for a resort. It is a easy walk to the beach and to the beachside pool. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2009