“Beautiful condo, cant wait to go back!!1”

Emerald Beach Resort
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I read several of the reviews, before I booked with E.B.R., I had a wonderful time, upon arriving it was a little confusing, but there are signs telling you which side is check in and which side is the hotel, the staff was great, we had a clogged toilet called maintence, within 10min, it was unclogged, the rooms are beautiful , u will need additional pot and pans if you are planning to do alot of cooking , there were no paper towels, u will also need to bring additional dish detergent , condo does provide you with 2 packages of dishwashing cleaner, you do not have to cross the busy street, there is a walkway, also a computer with the internet for the guests to use only one,we had plenty of towels,and extra pillows and covers, the balcony had coffee stains from previous guest,but beautiful views, walking distance to the pier, the staff wasnt rude to me or my guests. they have several pools

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 February 2010

We got a good weekend rate direct off their website. Our confirmation stated the front desk hours until 6:00 and we arrived at 5:00 to find no one there. So, we had to travel 3-4 miles down the way to check in (this was a total pain after a long drive). When we checked in they couldn't decide if we were to receive pool bracelets or not (shouldn't they know). The resort is very new with the check in desk across the street with the parking garage. The whole resort lacked a warm feeling since the lobby/desk was on one side of the street, the bar was over the street and the side where the condos were there was nothing. So, if you needed anything you had to go back across the street. They advertise Emerald Beach is close to Pier Park - not really. Once in our condo it was clean and comfortable. We didn't have any paper towel, soap or shampoo in the bathrooms.
While in Panama City Beach I checked out Calypso and Aqua both had a warmer feel to them. We are going back to PCB the end of March and will be staying a Aqua.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank waterski34
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I loved my stay at Emerald Beach. I went with my mom and dad, my older sister, and my best friend. My oldest sister and her husband came and spent the last night with us. The layout is easy after you take to it a few times, this past summer was my second time staying there and my parents felt at ease with letting me and my best friend go around the resort by ourselves, even as sixteen year olds. We spent alot of time in the lobby, reading, online, drinking starbucks...speaking of Starbucks, there's one in the lobby and the people that work there are very nice. We usually went there for a drink and a danish in the morning, then used our half-off reciept for a drink in the afternoon.

The room was very clean and nice, the linens were extremely clean and there were plenty of pillows. My brother-in-law and oldest sister slept on the bunk beds and they even said those were comfortable. My best friend and I had the living room to ourselves so we stayed out on the balcony alot at night and then left the doors wide open when we pulled out the couch bed so we could listen to the ocean.

The kitchen was amazing, it had awesome dishes and plenty of things to cook with, all you had to do was stock it. We spent alot of our time in eating there, but actually I hardly ever spent time in the room, my friend and I were always on the beach or at one of the three pools or at the two hot tubs. It was great.

Overall, the place was amazing, and my family is planning to take our summer vacation here next year!

Reviewed 20 August 2009

This was our 2nd year in a row to visit PCB. Me, my husband, my best friend, my 2 kids, her two kids (her hubby couldn't make it this year :(
The 2 bedroom condo was awesome! Big full kitchen so we could eat in, big balcony. The beach was awesome! The three pools and 2 hot tubs were perfect! The kiddie pool is across the street w/parking, not sure why, since it looks to me like they could have built it on the other side of the dunes walk over (opposite the beach side pool), there are two pools @ the kiddie pool, w/the kiddie one having mushroom sprayer and buckets dumping water-it's zero entry @ this one too. Then a 3-5 ft pool right next to it, w/the snack bar. The beach side pool is also 3-5 feet I think. Starbucks and a skybar for night time drinks. About the norm, as far as parking is across the street, but there is a sky bridge. We would definately consider returning here! It was so much fun! Might check on their neighbor...Sun something though, their kiddie pool was on top of their parking garage...and it was all on the same side of the street...the beach side! All in all, great vacation w/ three 4 year olds and a 2 year old! MUST VISIT SHELL ISLAND, it's beautiful...almost like cancun water! Great value, booked through VRBO/Panama City Beach Rentals Direct...$1100 TOTAL for 7 nights, 2 BR/2 BA condo! Can't beat that!
oh yeah, @ peak hours there was a long wait for the elevators, but they go SUPER FAST! I'd say maybe three times I had to wait 7-10 minutes for one, but usually more like 3-4.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little skeptical of staying here. We received a great rate from a private owner, and I feel the resort was awesome. Our unit was spotless. The elevator/garage system could be seen as tricky, but after maneuvering it once, it's not at all difficult. Location was great, away from alot of the busier sections, yet near Pier Park. We saw dolphins playing in the gulf from our balcony. The beach itself was immaculate. I can't see how anyone could not have a great time here!!