“Quaint”

and 1 more site!
Lollye On the Beach
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 21 November 2011

It was a quaint little room. We shared a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom with my sister-in-law and her boyfriend. It was a beach front room, which didn't make that much of a difference. We would probably stay there again because I like mom and pop type motels, but it may not be a style that everyone enjoys. It seems a little grungy in the kitchen and bathroom, but it's probably because it's old. One disappointment was that our room didn't have a bathtub, only a shower. The way the A/C was set up was weird, too. But it was overall a nice place to have pizza and crash after my husband's cousin's wedding.

Room Tip: Quaint. If possible, pick a bedroom with a a/c unit in it. Makes it a lot cooler in there!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmBck
There are newer reviews for Lollye On the Beach

Reviewed 13 October 2011

After two airplanes and thousands of miles with my children I arrived to find--handy man drunk, he then called manager. Room without shower curtain. Last guests dinner was still drying to upper cabinets in kitchen. Door to room didn't lock properly. Drug deal done in parking lot while there in that measly 5mins. Drunken handy man and rude manager did promptly refund me my money after trying to give me another room across the street which was just as upsetting. Ohh, the manager did iniitally only refund me my money minus $30., when asked, she said it was a cancellation fee. She did however, promptly refund my $30. ,after some persuasion!!
Last but not least, she did mention that the pool was closed till later in the following day due to "bunch of rocks in the pool"..Stay away!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mommadukesnj
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We have been coming to PCB since 1990 and have always stayed at LOLLYE (even before when it was the Bel-Air). We have always felt like it was our home away from home...true it is an older hotel but so what...its directly on the beach and its at the quieter end of town, and is family oriented. We are bringing our entire family with us this year and are counting down the days till we will be back. Other folks can say what they want to but not us we love it and would not stay anywhere else...we have stayed in the rooms upstairs and the rooms downstairs and probably have stayed in almost every room they offer, our favorite is the rooms on the bottom and on the end near the beach...yes they do share the pool with Colonial but everyone seems to leave out that same owner owns both hotels and the street people complains about is a one lane street about 20 feet wide and with hardly no traffic except the people staying there...I really think people should do more research before they book a room anywhere It makes me so upset that folks expect to stay at the beach for nothing and when they do find a cheaper hotel all they want to do is complain about it and the service it has.....THE LOLLYE is our favorite and YES WE WILL BE BACK...( for folks wanting to see more about the hotel go check it out on ORBIT or GOOGLE EARTH.) Once during one of our visits they were a lots of noise fro other visitors and we did complain about it and they took care it the problem immediately. The managers always are willing to work out any problems, once they are brought to their attention. I will be updating this commit again after this years vacation...Look for future commits and pics ...

Room Tip: call ahead and make reservations...especially once you have visited and want to return again...
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank JenkinsFamilyBufiord
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The only thing nice I have to say about this place is that the pool is nice...even if it isn't very clean. The carpet in our room is horrible. It's absolutely disgusting. You can walk around on it for five minutes and your feet will literally be sticky and black. The couch is stained and so is the recliner. The handle on the recliner is broken off and it doesn't recline. The handle on the dresser is hanging loosley down by one screw. The top of the entertainment center had a chunk of wood dug out of it. The refrigerator still had other peoples food in it when we got here and there is a sign on the refrigerator that says to wash the dishes before you leave but they give you no dish washing soap to do so? How were the dishes clean for us if the people before us had no soap either? The shower curtain has mold on it. Also, we specifically said when we booked the place that we wanted to be at Lollye on the Beach, so that we would be "on the beach" but when we called back later they had us booked in Colonial Shores which is their sister hotel and across the street, and they told us they could switch our rooms but that rooms at Lollye were "like standard hotel rooms" and that we wouldnt have a kitchen or a living room, so we had to stay at colonial shores which is across the street from the beach. Also, don't be fooled by their online website. I don't know where that picture came from of that hotel room but it is most definitely not from here. Also, It doesn't tell you this online but there is no pool at Lollye on the Beach. The pool is across the street at Colonial Shores and has to be shared by both hotels. Overall, they really shouldn't charge more than about 30 dollars a night for this place.

Room Tip: Find some where else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank hannahkathrynodom
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I had to clean the entire room myself before I could stay there; manager did give me a vacuum so i could do this myself and lots of rags for cleaning! amazing. Rude rude man. Told me when checking in "our goal is kindness and cleanliness" - not true!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo