“Diamond in el rough.”
Review of Havana West Cafe - CLOSED

Havana West Cafe
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Okay so I decide to try this little sandwhich shop on the advice of a co worker. I am also a huge fan of cuban coffee, and they have it, so i thought hey even if the food was bad I would get a good coffee. Let me tell you the food is amazong. The cuban sandwich and the midnight sandwich are just delectable. Well seasoned plenty of filling, great. The place is small, just a couple of small tables, but warm. Moderate prices, a warm staff. The staff has that tattoo parlor type nice. This is the type of place i would go out of my way to eat at.

3  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was craving a Cuban sandwich, and there is no other place in Pensacola that even comes close to Havana West. The authenticity of the food reflects the owner’s passion to deliver high quality food at reasonable prices. I got to try the Midnight sandwich as well, which has some sweet as well as savory components. It would be the perfect thing to eat late at night when you are hungry after a night out on the town. But the winner of the day was the Tres Leches cake. I have had other versions of this, but none anywhere can match Havana West’s rendition. It was so good, I should have gone to confession afterwards. Rich, moist, flavorful and a sinful indulgence on a plate. One bite and you will not care about the calories. There was no way I was going to share this with anyone without a weapon pointed at me. Yes, it’s that good. It is worth the 15 mile drive from my house to get authentic Cuban food like this. Bravo, y’all!

5  Thank SingingChef
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We walked in during a busy lunch and were immediately greeted and seated by the waitstaff who was very attentive and helped us out choosing from the menu. It turned out that she was the owners daughter who came over and, after chatting for a few moments, said that he would take care of choosing the appetizers. A huge platter soon arrived with a sampling of every app! The rest of the lunch was a blur of flavors and smells from long ago. Having been raised in Key West, I grew up on Cuban food and everything was as I remembered and it was wonderful! If you are ever in the Pensacola area, this is a Must Stop restaurant. You will not be disappointed..

4  Thank Clay V