“Almost Hog Heaven - Great Burnt Ends”
Review of Hot Spot Barbecue

Hot Spot Barbecue
Ranked #17 of 691 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Authentic Southern Barbecue Cooked on a Real Oak & Hickory Fire! Opened in June of 2013, we are family operated and sincerely appreciate your patronage. Our Goal is to serve the very best Southern Style Barbecue. Only the finest meats are selected, seasoned with our special dry-rub, and cooked in our outdoor Smokers. Nothing is deep-fried. We use a combination of recipes, from family and friends, and all quality ingredients. White Bread is traditional and we will provide more if you want. We truly care about your dining experience and expect our service to be friendly and prompt. If there is a special condiment or something extra that you desire, just ask. Our signature sauce is tomato-based with a little black pepper “kick” to it. We do not cook with sauce, so it is added at the time of serving. Order dry, if you prefer. There will be warm sauce on the table. For take-out, an extra side of sauce can be provided. Thank You!
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Tried this place for lunch yesterday. We had the burnt ends aka riblets, they were as good or better than burnt ends I've had in Kansas city.

The sides were OK.

If the BBQ sauce was better I would have been in Hog Heaven. In my opinion the BBQ sauce had too much of a ketchup taste and there wasn't a variety of sauces.

My recommendation would be for them to have 3 or 4 different kind of sauces. I would love to go back but if I did I would have to smuggle in some KC Masterpiece or some Sweet Baby Ray's sauce otherwise I would get it to go and and some good sauce at home.

I love what they've done with tho place. Last time I ate at this place was 18 years ago and it was owned and managed by someone else.

Great addition to the huge variety of good restaurants in the Pensacola area.

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I can only say good things. The chicken was moist and tender, the pork was lean and not over cooked, the brisket was great, even the sausage, which I am very picky about since I make my own venison with pork organic, not to be compared with that, was excellent, as well as Good sauce made for an overall totally positive experience. REFRESHING and would recommend to all. (I am known for my sparing use of compliments since I cook these items myself)

Reviewed 7 April 2015

OMG!!! That is the best way to describe Hot Spot BBQ. I found this place on this site. About 4 hours ago, I had the ribs and pulled pork and my husband had the ribs and the beef brisket and was it delicious. The Brunswick stew is the best I have eaten and the mac 'n' cheese was just as good. My husband usually doesn't eat Brunswick stew but he did here, so it had to be good. Our waitress, Brianna, was fantastic. If I come back to Pensacola, that will be my first stop. And did I mention the lemon pie? It wasn't tart, very mild. In fact, I am sitting here eating a slice of it, yum. Yeah, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

The smoker outside lured us in! As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted and given a seat. The waiters were all outstanding and very attentive. We had pulled pork, chicken and the brisket. All were so tender they fell apart. One of the best BBQ we have ever had. There is only one kind of sauce but that is all you need, very tasty. It is a sweet BBQ sauce which is what we like. So nice to see the meat actually being cooked. Mac and cheese best I have had at a restaurant. Owner who is 80 yrs old, makes the delicious lemon pie every day. The owner's son came to our table to make sure our meal was to our liking and we had a real nice talk with him. Highly recommend this place. On vacation from Ohio or it would be a regular stop for us.

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

I have eaten chicken, pulled pork, brisket and ribs. all good bbq. They always have homemade pies which are excellent. When i want bbq this is where i go.