“Authentic Philippines Food.”

Ruby-Gin Family Cuisine
Ranked #198 of 706 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

I had the Pancit, Pork Adobo and Shanghai lumpia entree and it was very good. The Pancit Canton was excellent. The pork Adobo wa very flavorable but the cuts of pork were a little too fatty for me. Will definitely eat there again. ...

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

This place is the bomb!!!!dont listen to this negative people putting some ugly reviews!! They are probably not familiar with filipino food!! All i can say is this place is very authentic, the people are frest and treat you like family!!! Karaoke night is so much fun!!! The food are mouth watering!!! Their sisig is one of the best!! Dont forget to try the kare kare... Crispy pata... And pineapple chicken oh boy i can wait to be back there!!! Its a must try.. So if you are around pcola area its not complete without trying Ruby-gin

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Went for dinner and to be blunt, I thought the food sucked. The sisig was not spicy as we ordered, I was given the wrong beer, and egado was not properly prepared.

The floor is so hollow and the waitresses stomp all over the place, so you definitely know when they are coming. After 30 minutes I felt like I ate a plate of greasy food on a boat in 20 foot swells.

I've been to the Philippines, lived in Hawaii, and know good Filipino food. This ain't it folks. Save your money.

As an addendum, my wife basically threw up her dinner when we got home, because it was so greasy and of poor quality.

The place does look like the typical kitschy Asian restaurant dive you'd expect in a military town and if there is one thing going for it, it's clean. But the rest of it is lacking,

1  Thank Spwilson13
Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

This place is amazing! This is the best filipino food I've had outside of the Philippines! It's like my wife's families home cooking! We go here about once a week and drive an hour to get there because we love the food so much! This place is amazing! The good the atmosphere the people all authentic it's like eating with family! It's seriously the closest thing to being back home in the Philippines!

Reviewed 30 November 2014

I must say that I got a kick out of the decor: back alleys in Mexico, Hawaii, the Philippines, Japan or Thailand--could've been any one of those places with vinyl table cloths and mismatched chairs. That never bothers me especially if the food is good (and the place is clean). We ordered the pansit with lumpia and pork adobo and it tasted just the way my parents make it. My dad ordered the sinigang and he thought the broth and fish were good (and he's a cook). The servings are rather large and the prices reasonable. So take the time to get that home-cooked food when you're in Pensacola.