“Family Vacation”

Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The room was nice, it had everything we needed. Except we never had enough towels, and getting extra towels was like pulling teeth. It was really ridiculous actually. All of the staff was pretty friendly, except for the housekeeper on our floor, she was rude and if we would ask her for something, she would act like we were a pain and not even say a word! My only other complaint would be breakfast, they didn't refill foods when they ran out. We went down one morning at 8:30 (breakfast ended at 9) the eggs were all gone and they never did put anymore out. I think with a half hour left until serving time ended, you should add more food. Most days we just grabbed breakfast somewhere else. Beds were comfortable and most of the front desk staff was nice and helpful. Pool was nice, but small. Also the air conditioner in our room didn't work very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor so no one is above you.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
resinndt, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Downtown Pensacola. We appreciate you bringing to our attention the issues you encountered and apologize for the inconvenience. We will share your message appropriately within the organization.
Please contact the Manager on Duty if we can be of any assistance for future reservation.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Very comfortable, friendly/helpful staff. Stayed for 48 days in June until 22 July. Comfortable room with all you could need (except an oven). Convenient location, short distance to marinas, historic downtown, Blue Wahoos Ball Park, & Gulf Breeze. Internet included with our reservation. Breakfast changes daily and is hot/fresh.

This is a perfect location, not a 5 star hotel, but all the traveler/sightseer needs. Facility needs a face-lift. Could use a renovation but clearly the staff works to maintain, ie carpets were being shampooed regularly, housekeeping definitely doing a good job. Still the furnishings are showing wear. We would stay there again and probably will, would like to see it updated.

Room Tip: Ask for room along back side, good place to park under shady trees and out of the main parking lot...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2016

The one bedroom studio suite was cozy. I was surprised it had a complete stove and not just a stove top. Most Residence Inn properties changed to just having stove tops. The hotel was busy, Breakfast was good and the staff that man the breakfast was extremely kind. My room key and another family members rooms key stopped working on the last night due to human error when both parties checked in. The power outlets in my room needed to be changed. Every single one was loose and it was hard trying to get our phones charged. Housekeeping staff extremely nice. Good location for the short stay. We were never told about the wifi how to log on if it was free etc.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seemed to be the quiet spots
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

As a Marriott Platinum Rewards Member, thought I would NEVER write a bad review...until now. Again, as a Platinum Menber, I never stay at Residence Inn, primarily because the brand give HALF points vs. all other Marriott brands (except TownPlace Suites). Anyway, I travel a ton, go to Pensacola quite regularly (covering 1/3 of FL), and other Marriott optios were sold out. The "evening social" is a joke. Don't advertise a "90 minute social", and run out of beer after 45 minutes!!! When I asked if the "social" was over (with 45 minutes to go), I'm told "Oh, we ran out". Without causing a scene, I start to leave, and then am asked, "What would I like"? I replied, "thought you were out of beer". The answer......."I can get you some warm beer from the stock".

It's not just the 50% reduction in points earned at RI, but this crappy service. I've always been an advocate of "You get what you pay for". However, I will NOT pay for it again! Go across the street to the Courtyard, get twice the points, and better service.

Room Tip: The best rooms are across the street at the Courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
resinndt, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. As a Platinum Rewards Member, your feedback is extremely important to us.
I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel staff to ensure that moving forward this will be an isolated issue.
Please contact the Manager on Duty if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Staff was nice and breakfast was good. Walked into stained carpet, stained chairs and a very torn up chair. TV in too did not work. When I mentioned it to staff they told me hotel is due for a rehab. Parking is easy and location is good for walking to dinner.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy L

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown with us.
I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.
We are about to undergo a major renovation of all our room suites and lobby. These areas are sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests.
Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown on your next visit to Pensacola so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
0.1 km away
TownePlace Suites Pensacola
#18 of 65 in Pensacola
16.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!