“dirty hotel, outdated, smells so bad, more pets than human in the hotel”

Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Hotel too dirty, outdated, smells so bad, you feel like you live in an animal shelter, dogs barking all the time. management gets upset if you complain. They don't have assigned rooms for pets. they put pets in any room in the hotel not taking into consideration guests might have allergies. Front desk staff are nice. management not at all, rude and not friendly. too much turn over in staff.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank sendian1965
resinndt, Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us.
I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.
We are about to undergo a major renovation within the next couple of months.
Being a pet friendly hotel, we do try to keep all our pets on the 1st floor. We also like to accommodate the request of our guest, which may be the cause of a pet on a higher level floor.
One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our management staff did not meet your expectations.
I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel staff to ensure this was an isolated issue moving forward.
Please contact the hotel directly if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip to Pensacola. The room was generally clean and comfortable, though the bathroom had an unpleasant, "moldy towel" odor. I could not figure out what was causing it, and it did diminish the second night of my stay. The evening reception is a nice touch, though the offering on the night I was there -- waffles and ice cream -- was odd at dinner time. The gym is small, but fine and I had it to myself both nights of my stay. There is a swimming pool and basketball court.

I chose this property because it was the closest to the location of my business meeting, but nothing much is going on the area immediately around the hotel, so it is quiet, but there's not much to do. The property is about a 15 minute drive from the beach, and a 15 minute drive from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank joni960
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had a pretty bad experience at another hotel the night before. I was ready to just head home. But thankfully I ended up calling Residence Inn, and even more thankful we walked in! Brandy was super nice and helpful, and salvaged our weekend getaway!! Then we were impressed with our room, it was comfortable and roomy! Plus it had a mini kitchen! It was also pet friendly, which was a plus for us this weekend. But, I was afraid that it would be a little less clean because of that. That was NOT the case. So, we were happy with our stay, and will definitely go back!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
resinndt, Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

I am sorry to hear how your trip began, but am delighted the Residence Inn Downtown Pensacola is the hotel you were looking for! Brandi will be pleased to know you mentioned her in your review!
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to Pensacola.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Great location, staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Place has been around since I was there in the Navy in 1979 -1982.

Could use a renovation in carpets.

Breakfast was above average in choices.

Pool was very clean and nicely appointed.

Room Tip: Get a suite... early riser spouses appreciate that.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We stayed for one night over Memorial Day weekend and had a very pleasant experience. We were able to find a great pricing deal in our budget online relatively last minute (which isn't usually possible). After a long drive we were set to arrive several hours before check-in, but they were very accommodating by letting us check in early after we called. Upon arriving we were pleasantly surprised with how clean the Inn was and the rooms were well above our expectations. In fact we loved the bed more than our own at home - it was so comfortable! Not to mention having a hot breakfast in the morning was fantastic.. Couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
0.1 km away
9.1 km away
TownePlace Suites Pensacola
TownePlace Suites Pensacola
#18 of 65 in Pensacola

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!