US$93
HIExpress.com
US$102
US$84
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn Plant City(Plant City)(Great Value!)
US$89
Priceline
US$149
US$127
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskyogurtnice roomgreat hotelgreat staffcounty line roadoutdoor poolrooms are clean and comfortablebaconfirst floorspent one nightstayed nightslike royaltyfree breakfast buffetwedding weekendhot chocolatebusiness center
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We stayed at this hotel in Plant City, just over the weekend. We loved this hotel. We were upgraded to the king suite, from the regular king room. We enjoyed the living area and the separated bedroom area. The couch in the living room area was really sagging in the middle, and could be replaced. However, it was just for sitting on, and it was fine for that.

They do have a nice outdoor pool in the back of the hotel. We did not use it but, it did look nice. They do have the free continental breakfast in the mornings.

My one complaint would be maybe let the guests in the hotel know there will be 60 girls at the breakfast area in the morning so you may want to be down earlier or later so you won't get caught up in their madness. Yes, it was horrible one morning for breakfast with 60 + girls in the breakfast area. They didn't know how to act either, they made such a mess I felt bad for the breakfast area staff.

The next morning we had about 20 soccer players, and they were older and acted better, but still a bit busy to get around them.

There is also free Wi-Fi at the hotel. It's not secure, but, it is free. The room doors are the fire doors, but they were very heavy once you put your key pass into unlock it. The doors were very heavy to open.

The staff at the front desk were all very nice and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. We asked how to get to places and were always provided with directed and a printed off map from them. All were very nice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We stayed at this hotel to evacuate from hurricane Matthew, so did everybody else. The minor things that took away a perfect rating from the Fairfield are probably not a problem in normal circumstances, coffee and breakfast needed to be refilled as did printer paper. Also, the tv in the workout room wasn't working. Overall though the staff did a great job trying to accommodate as many guests as humanly possible. Maggie, at the front desk, never let the smile slip from her face. She is a great representative of the Marriott chain.

This is a good hotel for this circumstance and also if you are passing through because it is right off I-4, however the area around it is not the best, so be careful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear Cathy H:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. How nice of you to say such kind works about our staff! I will be sure to share your comments with Maggie...she is the best...I agree.

Hope to see you again......under better circumstances!

All the best,
Nancy

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We didn't stay in the hotel but I thought I must write a review of the amazing customer service we received today. We were travelling back from Tampa to Orlando and got stuck in some awful traffic getting onto the I-4. We were rushing back as I needed to check in for my flight and I needed wifi as we're not from the USA.
We stopped off at the hotel and popped in to ask if we could be cheeky and use the wifi. The lovely man on the reception said we could use the computer in the lobby and gave us the wifi code all free of charge! He saved the day for me and was so friendly while I was stressing out!! Thank you so so much to the lovely man on reception for saving the day!

Also we didn't see the rooms but the lobby was lovely!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mors2

Dear Mors2:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I was sorry to hear that you got stuck in traffic....but am glad to hear that our staff was able to help in someway!

Hope the rest of your travels went well.

All the best,
Nancy

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We are Marriott Gold Rewards members, and have stayed exclusively at Marriott properties since 2011. Despite a bad experience at a Fairfield Inn in April (dirty room, which they credited me for), we decided to give it another shot. As many reviewers have noted, there are issues with the AC in the rooms at this hotel. Despite setting the AC on 65, the room never dropped below 76 the three days we were here. I am starting to notice a pattern across all Marriott Properties with HVAC, particularly AC. This one was the worst. It doesnt help that Marriott chooses to use a light-down type of comforter, either, no matter what the season. Mattress is good, but pillows are not, and I suspect they have the same down and flatten too easily. Despite having "extra towels" in our room preference, we have yet to have this honored (without asking), and this hotel was no exception. Staff was very friendly here, by the way. Pool had an odd green color, but we swam anyway after staff assured my wife the treatment levels were fine. However, my wife picked up a steel-strand( that looked like it was off of a wire-brush), as it stuck directly in her foot. We showed it to front desk, and they apologized, stating they would send maintenance to vacuum. We also have been choosing Fairfields over Courtyard, due to the free hot breakfast. Again, the quality is falling short enough to wonder if it's worth it. The eggs are bland and watery, the bacon appeared undercooked, and you get coffee from the lobby, seperate from the bar. The staff was zealously filling the bar, perhaps too zealously, at times, and the day we checked out (4:50 am), coffee was lukewarm in the Lobby carafe. Disappointing, as we are losing confidence in Marriott. Overall, the locations and upkeep are good, but these comfort details are adding up.

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite upgrade, and you may have a better HVAC unit.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear travelpupFairmot

Thank you for your recent stay. We appreciated the trust you placed in us and were sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations as this is what we strive for. We will share your review with our staff so that we can address the issues that your review mentions. I hope that should your travel bring you back to our area in the future that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me personally so that I can insure your comfort.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Had several colleges stay at this hotel as we had meetings all week. Excellent front desk service and very clean hotel. Great Hotel and good location to I-4 leading to Tampa and Orlando. Would recommend this hotel for the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business