All reviews yogurt great hotel great staff bacon nice room county line road exercise room first floor a great stay fitness center plenty of parking outdoor pool the breakfast area business center breakfast buffet would stay here again off the highway
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

It is a very quite place. Clean room and bathroom. It doesn’t smell bad. There is a complementary, yummy, and healthy breakfast. The attendance is very nice and every area is clean and organized. I recommended it.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Jeidy M,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

The room was clean; the furniture in good shape; lots of outlets on both end tables and desk: a two person tiled shower stall with heavy all glass doors.

The Lobby large, modern and inviting; the desk staff professional. The breakfast buffet food was fresh and constantly replenished: scrambled fresh eggs & cheese omelets, sausages, bacon, fresh fruit, coffee, juices, etc open all morning.

All in all, the ambience of a Marriott, not the budget roadhouse that other reviewers complained about. Perhaps the hotel was recently renovated or management changed, but I plan to make it my goto hotel in the area.

Located a 1/2 mile south of Interstate 4 on County Line Road. Only restaurants nearby: Wendy's & McDonalds. An outdoor pool and small exercise room. Shuttle to Lakeland Airport, but you really need to rent a car.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Forest-Hills-Cynic,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City. We know you have your choice of hotels when you travel and are happy you chose to stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our full hot breakfast. Our hotel shuttle is more than happy to take you anywhere in a twelve mile radius. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We enjoyed our stay here.
The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The linens were crisp and the towels were fresh smelling as well.
At check in the front desk staff (Yousef) was little gruff with us and seemed put off by us however once we discussed that with him and explained that we were a guest he deeply and sincerely apologized to us. Not sure that is his typical behavior or not but we felt he did a great job with recovery.
Otherwise another great Marriott experience.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Scott S,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Weary travelers is an accurate description of my son and me upon arriving at the Fairfield Inn. The front desk crew put us right at ease, and made us feel like Royalty. What a great start, thanks to Farah and Amy Kaiser. An excellent first impression!

The rooms are beautifully appointed. The colors, fabrics, furniture, fixtures, all were superior to other similar brands. What we experienced was far better than anticipated. Noticed other reviews commenting on street noise. We heard zero noise! Another key area is their pool. Yes, it is small, however, it is a pleasant retreat.

We will highly recommend the hotel, as the physical layout is inviting, but it is their personnel who made our stay a delight.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Pineapples-a-Plenty,
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This Fairfield Inn is poorly designed (cheap windows?) - traffic noise all night if you are facing Interstate-4 on the northeast (suite) side. When requesting to change rooms the next morning after little sleep, the morning manager obliged request and promised new room on southwest side later in afternoon.
The afternoon shift desk clerk was NOT very professional and claimed there was no room available, in spite of me being a Marriott Rewards member and having it "already arranged". Only insistence revealed a room was available, albeit plain room,(2-doubles, NOT a king suite), which I paid for. Manger refused any payment relief even though acknowledging highway noise is historically a problem there and I had paid for a suite for 2 nights.
BOTTOM LINE: INCONSIDERATE AND DISHONEST DESK CLERK; NOISY HOTEL - I will not stay here again nor recommend it to anyone.

Room tip: VERY NOISY facing northeast towards highway I-4! Do not expect the mgr to be fair with pricing when offered a lesser quality room.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sureshotf16
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear sureshotf16,
Thank you for your honest review. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you encountered on your first night and for the miscommunication about changing you to a new room. I am more than willing to refund the first night of your stay for you as I understand what a frustrating situation this was. If you can please email me at afyffe@shanercorp.com the details of your reservation I will refund the room rate for you.