“No frills seafood!”

RJ's New England Seafood
Ranked #37 of 213 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Description: Our menu is at http://rjsseafood.com/menu/ We hope you stop by and enjoy our seafood! Now Frying Year Round! N E Style Seafood! Haddock Fish & Chips, Clamakes Chowder Fried Clams plus old favorites Chicken & Tuna Salad, Ruebens, ect
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Small seafood restaurant with loyal following that keeps it going even during summer. Nice, friendly & attentive waitresses that do follow up & refresh drinks.
Delicious lobster bisque & excellent fish and chips. Large, flavorful shrimp. Almost everything is fried but definitely not greasy! Does offer some non-seafood meals & can substitute for fries.
Restaurant also offers small discount for cash payments. Live entertainment at times.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (99)

Reviewed 24 June 2021

The fried haddock was very good and my son's mixed seafood was also very good. On the negative side, the haddock was placed directly on top of my fries which made the fries soggy. Better to place the fish to the side of the fries. Now that I'm home, I notice that my clothes smell like I just left a greasy spoon restaurant. Ventilation system needs to be improved. If I ever go back here, I'll probably order takeout.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 22 April 2021

I moved to the area from the North East in 2017. I kept saying to my wife we have to try them. Finally in early 2021 we tried it. Well all I can say is I wish I had waited another 3 years. We ordered 3 lobster rolls and fish and chips. Well the food was not even average. It was horribly tasteless. I can honestly say I will not go back.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

Outstanding seafood! Shrimp, haddock are great. Chowder is wonderful. Fast friendly service. Authentic New England dishes. Pizza, pasta and Stromboli’s in addition to seafood.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 26 March 2021

I may have just ordered the right thing but everyone at our table (6) loved their food. The Lobster Bisque was the best I have ever had! That was complemented with Lobster Ravioli with delicious sauce! I was lucky enough to try my friends Scallop and a shrimp. WOW! I cannot wait to go back to this place. Reasonable beverages topped it off! Excellent customer service! It is a small place but they do take reservations over 5 people.

Date of visit: March 2021