“Sushi Is On Point!”
Review of Yu Mi

Yu Mi
Ranked #77 of 175 Restaurants in Port Orange
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This place is great, I definitely recommend taking the family, our kids even liked their seaweed salad!!!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

My husband was a 10 year Chef. He introduced me to this sweet sushi hide-a-way after we were married. No place we have been equals the freshness and portions of the items we enjoy. We always order the Sashimi Appetizer. The portion is enormous and always fresh. Our favorite rolls include the Kamikaze, Jade, Dynamite, and the Sashimi. If you love quality sushi and small niche atmosphere wheel right over to this refreshing Port Orange secret. The chef insists!;-)

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Everything was so fresh, you can really taste the difference. We can't wait to go back! We tried 4 different rolls and the uni (very interesting!). One of our favorite rolls was the Port Orange. So light and fresh.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Hard to find in the shopping plaza, kind of right in the center. It was clean and the sushi was very good. Nice friendly staff. I've gone back several times.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I was ecstatic to learn about this small little gem in Port Orange, where you mostly get fake Japanese restaurants. Finally!

The menu was pretty complete and of course in this city I'm sure it's hard to find Japanese ingredients so don't expect high quality(frozen gyoza, instant miso soup, green tea in a tea bag). But it's not bad, all tasted fine, just not homemade.

You can order most of the typical stuff, and it has a extensive sushi roll menu to satisfy the non purists with spicy tuna, cream cheese, mayo and tempura flakes (American style sushi). Portions are pretty big! And pricing isn't bad. You will roll out of the place.

The only thing I wasn't happy about was the rice. It was dry, cold and hard. A big nono for sushi. If the rice isn't good, it doesn't matter how good the fish is...doesn't make up for it. So maybe I wasn't in on the day it got freshly made. But it should ALWAYS be soft and moist.

I hope the next time I visit the rice is better.