“Good Thai food in the most unexpected place”

Orchids Thai Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Port Richey
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Having been to Thailand it is always a difficult thing to find good Thai Food. In addition, I am not Thai so me being a judge of good Thai food is possibly not accurate, so I will give my Americanized assessment of what is good Thai Food. With that disclaimer out of the way, I have to say Thai Bistro is Good Thai. It also has some hybrid Americanized Japanese and Chinese to it because they have Sushi, Sake and a few other items on the menu that I wasn't expecting. Here is what we experienced.
We ordered the Tropical Duck meal, which came in a sweet and sour sauce, not spicy, and had pieces of Pineapple in it. It was very fresh tasting and presented in such a pleasant and traditional manner that it really gave a great impression of the food. If it looked that good, it must taste that good, and that assumption held true. All of the ingredients were very well spiced, not spicy hot but full of flavor. We also got the Crab Rangoon as an appetizer, which adds to the hybrid Chinese part of the menu. We got a bottle of Lychee flavored Saki for $10 which gave each of us about 2 ½ glasses. The Food did not come out super-fast but you can tell it was not just slapped together in the back it was actually prepared when we ordered which is a plus.
We also ordered Sushi, which was very fresh as well, and we could watch the Sushi chef prepare the fish as we sat.
The Restaurant is a mix of traditional design in a strip mall atmosphere but nice oriental music playing and the typical oriental décor. There is a small main part of the restaurant with a larger room off on the side for larger parties. The servers where both Thai and very observant with filling water and taking dishes away. I highly recommend this small out of the way restaurant, which if you did not know better you would probably never stumble across it.
Oh and don't forget pay with cash and get a 5% Discount.

1  Thank Trevor S

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Even if you have never tried Thai food (and no it does not have to be spicy hot), you need to take a chance and you will not be disappointed but will be pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We went here for my husbands birthday....as always the food was great and the sushi was delicious! We love this little local spot!!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Wonderful traditional Thai restaurant! This place is highly recommended if you're looking for traditional Thai food. You won't be disappointed! Sushi, curry dishes, snapper, rice and noodle dishes. Try the donuts for desert. Quiet atmosphere and reasonably priced. Friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Everything is made to order and very fresh. My grandson loved his sushi platter and they can make almost anything you want vegan. We had a very diverse group with meet eaters, vegans and fish lovers. Will definitely be back. Very large menu and reasonably price.