“The food and our waiter Rich was excellent.”

Catches Waterfront Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Catches Waterfront Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Port Richey
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 19
Description: You"ve come to the right place if your looking for fresh seafood, awesome crab cakes and some of the best appetizers in town. We offer great daily drink specials as well as being situated on the Cottee River for an amazing meal while watching the boats go by
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Catches Waterfront Grill was great. The place was clean. The food was excellent and our waiter Rich couldn't have been nicer.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere. Beautiful restaurant. Cold beer and very good appetizers. Servers are always pleasant. There is never a wait to be seated and service is quick.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

After looking around for a superior seafood restaurant in the area and coming up empty--someone suggested we have dinner at at Catches during my visit to Port New Richey. The physical restaurant is gorgeous. It's huge, light, airy and reminiscent of a ship. The ceilings are incredibly high and it gives the place an almost outdoors feel. From my table---i was able to see an amazing sunset--pinks, purples and oranges.
I didn't have an appetizer but opted for a Caesar's salad. The salad was fresh and delicious. Then I chose the night's special which was a well sized and well cooked filet of salmon--covered in a thin layer of raspberry sauce and topped with a corn and black bean mixture. There was a delicious rice pilaf and broccoli cooked al dente--which I love. The whole dish---with the raspberry sauce and corn mix worked perfectly. The blend of tastes was just right.
For dessert everyone at my table chose the Key Lime Pie. I've had many in my life--but I have to say that this was unbelievably good--and a very nice sized slice.
A cappuccino topped off my delicious meal. Our waiter was very friendly--and perhaps a little too much 'present' and in our faces. I know he meant well and was working very hard for a tip--but it ended up being a bit annoying.
Not annoying enough though--to not go back. Next time I'm in the area

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Visiting family in Holiday, we past this restaurant on our way back to hotel. We went for an early dinner and we had a wonderful time. Our host sat us at a window seat where we could see the ocean. The server was so nice and helpful. The food was very fresh and delicious. The calamari was out of this world. The fish and shrimp was fresh and the portions were so big we couldn't finish. I will definitely go back there when I return to Florida.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Well, here goes! It is Friday August 25th, 2017. I'm new to the review world and to trip advisor. I'm not very computer or cell phone literate, so I apologize if this doesn't come out right. My family and I have been coming to Catchers off and on for the last eight years. We have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We asked for Rich tonight, but he wasn't there. We asked for Jimmy, and the person at the front desk didn't even know who that was. We said ok, just sit us next to a window so we can look out at the water. Theres nothing that can go wrong, right? Wrong! We had a waiter that annoyed the piddles out of us and our food took forever. I'm sure Catchers would know who i'm talking about, by the end of this review, without me even saying his name. Lucky for fellow trip advisor readers and Catchers, I made sure to get his name. Steven was by far the most annoying, dirty waiter I have ever had. I'm not one to to just call someone out, but he did it to himself. He started the night by trying to sell us the most expensive drink, on the drink menu. A Malibu bucket, or something like that. I asked what specific types of rum and specific mixers we're in it, and he was being vague. Knowledge is power, and it seemed like simple questions were his kryptonite. It took almost 10 minutes to finally get our drinks. Moving forward. The guy was talking so fast, I felt like I couldn't get a word in edgewise. He offered some appetizers, and named a couple, which all waiters do. We told him we weren't interested in an appetizer, and his smile immediately turned to a frown. Steven tried to sell us an Alaskan King Crab cluster, which we have had at Catchers before (about a month ago, VERY GOOD, VERY EXPENSIVE $65.00) when we said we already know what we want, he still insisted on the cluster by saying he would even crack the legs for us. What a nice gesture, however by now, we have already told him twice, "no, and we know what we want." He was very rude, and acted like the food we were ordering wasn't up to par, or to his liking. Now the reason we won't be returning to Catchers. When Steven arrived with our tray, 45 minutes later, he was sweating terribly. He kept wiping his face in his shirt, but was still dripping sweat. When he set our food down all I kept thinking about was his sweat falling into my dinner. Florida's hot, I know, but I wish he would have wiped himself but before delivering our food. My husband and i barely ate our food, we were so grossed out. I don't know if Catchers does background checks, but I think our waiter was on drugs. Sweating a lot, talking really fast, not listening to us, and I almost forgot, we could hear him laughing and yelling across the restaurant; glad he's having a good time. The service was unprofessional, and the wait was ridiculous for a moderately busy restaurant. You think they would be prepared for a Friday. I know a lot of people read this, but my experience was appalling. Thank God Steven didn't try to offer me a dessert five times, because I was ready to explode. Rather than talk to a manager about our experience, I just assume to never return. (Mr/Mrs. Manager, don't send me a gift card because it will get thrown in the trash along side our food from tonight.) I doubt Stevens sweat is Catchers secret seasoning. I hate to say I will never come back to Catchers again, but if they are willing to hire waiters like that, and take 45 minutes to deliver dinner, I'm surprised anyone would go back.

1  Thank wendyflannigan