Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$139
MainStaySuites
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$163
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotels.com
US$339
US$280
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
US$159
  • Pool
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$259
US$233
Comfort Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelocity
US$135
HIExpress.com
All reviewsmaintenance issuesghost townforgotten coastmexico beachport stunitdevelopmentcsbboardwalkjoebay
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Our unit keeps getting more expensive and shows a little wear and tear, but this will be our winter home again this year. We have found nothing that comes close to it. Clean, modern, spacious and secure - but what brings us back is the total package. An inexpensive gym, walking and biking paths, secluded beaches, very few people, NO traffic, manicured grounds and just minutes from Port St Joe which has all the amenities we need.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jimlinkrall
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My hubby and I had a chance to take a short trip to FL. We had business in Tallahassee, then we wanted to visit a beach area that wasn't too far. We'd never been in the Port St. Joe area, so we selected this area. Since it was just the 2 of us, we didn't want to rent a house. We found this complex. It was very nice - very modern and was located on the beach. However, you couldn't see the water from the condos. Part of a beach trip for us, is sitting on the balcony, having coffee, reading and just enjoying the sound & sights of the water. So we really missed that.

Room Tip: Get a corner room so that your balcony faces toward the water - though you still can't see it very well.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DCGAPeach23
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Wow! My wife and I stayed in unit 309. The view was outstanding and so was the condo itself. Very MODERN!! Windows from floor to 2 story ceiling. The complex was nice and we felt like we were Roger only people there. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Gerry D
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I have been to Windmark Beach 3 time and have stayed at Turtle Glass at Windmark Beach twice and have stayed in the Morning Glory once. I found it through VRBO and took a risk renting it out because we had never heard of it. But it turned out to be a good risk because we loved how private it was. We love to go to the beach in May before the rates sky rocket and while the kids are still in school. haha So every time we have been there is wasn't it's "busy" season and practically had the place to ourselves. The condo's are spacious and clean and I love the simple decor. My only complaints are that if you plan to clean up after yourself haha you must bring extra soap to wash the dishes and to wash your clothes, what they give you lasts for about 2 days. And my other complaint is that they have gone way up on their prices but I don't really see what that price increase has paid for. The restaurant is closed and there isn't really much activities or extra perks that have been added. (not that i really care, we don't have kids and we love that this place not a tourist trap ). So I am not really sure what reflects the price increase.

Room Tip: Nice and private
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khloe K
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from a great relaxing vacation in Port St. Joe. We stayed in condo 203 - no ocean view, but nice landscaping. We did have some issues with the management having to do with false advertising.

PROS: The location is right off the beach with many piers and boardwalk access. We saw lots of shells, birds, and lizards. The beach is not totally groomed (lots of sea grass, shells, etc.), but we liked the natural beauty of the narrow beaches.The condo is HUGE, very roomy for 2 people -- we felt right at home. Full of beautiful and new appliances and lovely light fixtures. The bed was very comfortable. It had a nice balcony that we enjoyed sitting on. We loved the key code access -- not having to worry about losing and keeping track of an actual key was wonderful. The pool area is nice and big and beautiful complete with a small playground and shallow area for kids. The deepest part of the pool is 4.5 ft deep. Lots of beach chairs and some nice shaded areas. The place was mostly deserted when we went which was lovely. It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. The entire complex is nicely landscaped and well taken care of.

CONS: We when made our reservation it was through a different management company that advertised that the rental came with free bicycles and kayaks to use during our stay. When the switch happened, I was assured over voice-mail that our reservation would be exactly the same and that nothing would change. A few days before our trip I emailed to get the access codes and to ask about the bike rental. Long story short -- neither company would take responsibility for this mistake and we were just out of luck. This was very disappointing as we were really looking forward to biking around the area, but couldn't afford another non-budgeted for expense. I was hoping we could come to a compromise by getting reimbursed the price for bike rentals for at least 1 day, but they weren't even willing to do that. This did put a slightly negative spin on our experience. Also, there were some minor cosmetic issues with our condo -- a missing button and 2 inch tear in the couch, sand in the closets, a couple black stains on the towels, a stray hair in the shower, etc. There was also a pest control guy that rang the bell, but then almost instantly came in. We were resting and not decently dresssed -- so I ran to the restroom for shelter while by husband threw a shirt on and met the guy. It would've been nice to have a bit of warning. Lastly, there were no directions left in the condo for how to use the BOSE surround sound system (which we never could figure out) or what was expected for the check-out process. Luckily, when I emailed inquiring -- I was given directions for check-out.

OVERALL: It's a beautiful accommodation and a great location. The condo was modern and nicely appointed with tons of space. We enjoyed our vacation on the beautiful grounds, but were not impressed with the management's response to the misinformation we were given. I know it was just a misunderstanding with the bicycles, but feel as if some attempt at a compromise/minor reimbursement should have been made other than offering us a very slightly discounted price on rentals. The bottom line is that we did not receive the advertised amenities even after being assured our reservation would remain completely intact.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple