We just returned from a 7-night stay at the Turtle Glass condos at WindMark Beach. This was our first-time to travel to that particular part of Florida and we were unsure what to expect. With this property being part of the St. Joe Company, we thought it would at least be similar to WaterColor on 30A and we found that to be true. Overall, it was a well-kept and nice property and we'd stay there again.
Upon arrival, WindMark was practically a ghost-town. At first that sort of unnerved us, as it did another family arriving about the same time as us, but we quickly got over it. The condo was really quite fabulous. The hardwood floors throughout were beautiful and, even though the condo was only a one-bedroom, all the rooms were spacious and the floor to ceiling windows offered a beautiful view. The balcony had a great view of the St. Joe Bay and it was also shaded, which was a big perk. The main pool was very nice and had numerous loungers to choose from. The pump broke on the main pool while we were there and they, No Worries Vacation Rentals, let us use another pool on the property. When the main pool was fixed, they called to let me know it was reopened. I thought that was nice and considerate on their part.
We arrived on a Saturday and by Monday all the rentals around us were full and there were plenty of people around. Even though the condos were full, there was still plenty of space to roam and you didn't feel crowded at all.
Our boys rode their bikes on the bike paths and through the development most days and had a lot of fun. I found the bike path to be a great place to run in the mornings.
We had one small maintenance issue while we were there, but it was fixed promptly by their staff.
- Clean and quiet community.
- Plenty of green-space and the pools and outdoor areas were nice.
- The bay was a cool place to swim as well.
- Beautiful gulf-front beaches within a short drive. We especially liked the state park at Cape San Blas.
- This area of Florida is very, very quiet and not touristy. To us, this was a huge benefit.
- Wonderful local restaurants to choose from in Port St. Joe.
- It would be nice if the development, WindMark Beach, were just a little more developed. I think it hasn't fully bounced back from the market collapse.
- If you are looking for a true gulf-front beach, you'll have to drive to get it.
- The supplies and towels in the condo are the required minimum. The supplies don't match the caliber of the lodging. When we opened the cabinets, we found a broken wine glass, some dirty dishes, and missing some utensils. One would think they could take care of that.
- There is a fitness center onsite, but you have to pay an additional fee for it. We skipped it.
- We tried to rent beach chairs and umbrellas through the No Worries Beach Rental. If you want chairs delivered anywhere outside of WindMark, which they advertise as doing so for an additional $10.00 fee, once the chairs are setup, you are responsible for taking down and setting up yourself for each additional day of service. They tried to tell me this was due to a rule in Gulf County, but traditionally when people pay for beach service that includes setup and take down each day. That seemed to be lost on them. Bottom line: we decided to buy our own stuff, which was cheaper than the rental, if we were going to have to do all the work anyway. Small nuisance but we got over it.
Overall, this was a solid pick for our family this year. We'd strongly consider coming back in the future and for us it served us well. The people in the surrounding areas were friendly, nice, and helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Turtle Glass at Windmark Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Glass At Windmark Beach Hotel Port Saint Joe