Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$96
MainStaySuites
Cape San Blas Inn(Port Saint Joe)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$200
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$122
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
Beacon Hill Lodge(Port Saint Joe)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoffee makerport stblast from the pastpower stripclean place to lay your headplace to staycomfortable bedspanama cityold floridafishingretrochildhoodjoefolksreminiscentboattoilet
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I didn't expect much, but I did expect a clean environment. My first clue should have been the filthy office and the cat that was allowed to climb across the counter while I was checking in. Fine, no big deal. Another clue was she demanded payment up front for both nights, which I complied with.

We got into the extremely outdated room and decided we could stay the night, despite the horrific smell outside. We got up early the next day to explore the property a bit and I looked out the window of our room to see the cause of the smell - it is the biggest litter box I have ever seen. Really - there is an approximately 10'x12' area that is fenced in, filled with disgusting sand and cat perches. It is literally a huge litter box that is 4' from the front window of the room.

I was disgusted and appalled but the office was closed and we took off for the day, taking our belongings with us. I called back the the office later in the day to tell them we would not be returning to their disgusting environment and requested a refund for the second night. Surprise, surprise, the owner was unavailable to speak with me.

When I finally did receive a follow up call from the owner he flatly denied the existence of the HUGE LITTER BOX OUTSIDE MY ROOM and refused to refund the money.

The place is horrific but I realized they need the $105 much more than I do and I let it go, knowing if I warn others about this place karma may sort itself out.

If for some reason you decide to spend money and time at this place, get a room as far away from the office as possible. The whole property is in disrepair and of questionable cleanliness. You have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank SWFL941
Kasey D, Manager at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

As is the standard for most if not all motels/hotels payment for the entire stay is asked for once you check in. This is not abnormal or unheard of. Yes when we took ownership there was a catio attached to the property. Our cats do not use it, and they have no used it since the issue was brought to our attention. We immediately checked into the smell and could not detect one ourselves. We cleaned the area anyway and again it is not in use. This was done some months ago. We have had no other complaints about this issue.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

My family stayed in the biggest room, we had a kitchen for cooking. The rooms were clean, neat and functional. The owners let us use the patio and grill while we were there. We had a great time and other guests came and sat with us on the patio.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Karie D
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I'm confused with the previous reviews of the Dixie Belle. Maybe some of the rooms are updated? Ours was old, and DEFINITELY not clean or well kept! No offense to the staff (who were very friendly), but I would not walk on the carpet in my bare feet or even socks. WE washed the kitchen floor, and it was filthy. The lighting was awful - we actually bought a camping lantern to put in the kitchen so we could see! The ceiling fan did not work, and our requests to fix it went unanswered. There was an old beach towel hanging up as a curtain in the kitchen. The tablecloth was actually stuck to the table, and one of the chairs fell apart when we sat on it (it was either that, or sit on the bed). All the cupboard doors and drawers (except one) were nailed shut. We had to stay there for 3 weeks during a transition. It was affordable, but that's all I can say. Honestly, I would only plan a stay here if you have NO other place to go, or you're just looking for a basement-budget place. (They may very well be nice people - we had little interaction with them - but I would not EVER recommend a friend or family member stay there.)

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank smiley6
Marla K, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Sorry for the long delay in response. We purchased the motel June 2, 2016 in the height of the busy season. It is nearly impossible to make major repairs when rooms are continually occupied.
All rooms now have vinyl plank flooring. We are upgrading and repairing all rooms. We will never be a fancy motel. We are casual, clean, and strive to make our guests comfortable.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I was having medical treatment at a nearby hospital over a few days, and needed a place to stay. It is the high season in this tourist town, and the rates at neighboring hotels and inns were prohibitive for me, and there was only a vacancy for one day at one other hotel. So I read the reviews, called and made a reservation, and drove down. It was what I expected, only cleaner and more comfortable. This is the typical 1950's style motor inn. Yes, the room is dated, but it is clean and functional. Surprisingly, there is wifi, which worked without interruption at good speeds throughout my stay, despite a storm. This was good, because as a writer, I was on deadline and needed to finish a column to submit to my editor - no problem! The little tile-topped drop-leaf breakfast table was a good work surface for me.
All rooms are non-smoking, and the air conditioning kept the room cool enough for this Eskimo-in-training. The fully equipped small kitchen had everything that would be needed if you are trying to keep costs down by eating in - full size fridge, small four-burner stove with oven and broiler, microwave, and a great full size coffeepot. Other amenities included a color television with cable, a telephone, comfortable queen bed with plenty of pillows, small dresser, a place to hang clothing, a luggage rack, and bedside lamps that can be dimmed. The bathroom was clean, had a shelf on which to place toiletries, mirror, sink, toilet, and tile shower (with step over lip). No, this isn't a cookie-cutter chain hotel. There is a sweet cast-iron bistro set just outside the door for sitting outside. The Dixie Belle Hotel is old, has character, and is inexpensive. The staff is nice, and they speak to you. Kacey, the manager, was very accommodating, and the cleaning staff was thorough.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Jo G
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Great place to stay had a wonderful time at the beach and enjoyed Port St. Joe and the surrounding areas. The fireworks display for the 4th of July was amazing, our kids loved and it and were not ready to come home when we left!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family