“Quaint, old world Florida motel reminiscent of yesteryear. ”
Review of Dixie Belle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Saint Joe
Dixie Belle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Don't expect any flair but a clean place to lay your head at a reasonable price. The rooms will take you back to your childhood travel with mom and dad. Room doors are opened with a true to life metal key and the walls are adorned with a ocean-scape theme; ours was the dolphin room. They offer fish cleaning stations and boat washing area for the fishermen who stay with. Worth a visit for old world charm.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 January 2017

This motel has a retro 50's style to it. We had room #9 which had a complete kitchen and a shower. Everything you need for cooking and eating is included (except the food). There also is an outdoor BBQ if you prefer to cook outside. The water is very hot and the pressure is the best I've ever had in a motel. The management and staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carl K
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Keep and open mind if you stay at the Dixie Belle. It is a vision out of the past. It is a roadside motel like nothing this generation has seen but I remember as a child staying in many times with my family. It is run down but clean and bug free. The folks are friendly. Perfect location. And they allow well behaved dogs and don't charge an outrageous fee. It's not the Hilton but they are affordable. We will go back!

Room Tip: This is a roadside motel with different size rooms and beds, some with kitchens, but all have microw...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dogwalker5012015
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I didn't expect much, but I did expect a clean environment. My first clue should have been the filthy office and the cat that was allowed to climb across the counter while I was checking in. Fine, no big deal. Another clue was she demanded payment up front for both nights, which I complied with.

We got into the extremely outdated room and decided we could stay the night, despite the horrific smell outside. We got up early the next day to explore the property a bit and I looked out the window of our room to see the cause of the smell - it is the biggest litter box I have ever seen. Really - there is an approximately 10'x12' area that is fenced in, filled with disgusting sand and cat perches. It is literally a huge litter box that is 4' from the front window of the room.

I was disgusted and appalled but the office was closed and we took off for the day, taking our belongings with us. I called back the the office later in the day to tell them we would not be returning to their disgusting environment and requested a refund for the second night. Surprise, surprise, the owner was unavailable to speak with me.

When I finally did receive a follow up call from the owner he flatly denied the existence of the HUGE LITTER BOX OUTSIDE MY ROOM and refused to refund the money.

The place is horrific but I realized they need the $105 much more than I do and I let it go, knowing if I warn others about this place karma may sort itself out.

If for some reason you decide to spend money and time at this place, get a room as far away from the office as possible. The whole property is in disrepair and of questionable cleanliness. You have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank SWFL941
Kasey D, Manager at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

As is the standard for most if not all motels/hotels payment for the entire stay is asked for once you check in. This is not abnormal or unheard of. Yes when we took ownership there was a catio attached to the property. Our cats do not use it, and they have no used it since the issue was brought to our attention. We immediately checked into the smell and could not detect one ourselves. We cleaned the area anyway and again it is not in use. This was done some months ago. We have had no other complaints about this issue.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

My family stayed in the biggest room, we had a kitchen for cooking. The rooms were clean, neat and functional. The owners let us use the patio and grill while we were there. We had a great time and other guests came and sat with us on the patio.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
35.5 km away
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Dixie Belle Motel? Share your experiences!