“Date night”
Review of Pueblo Viejo

Pueblo Viejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Family owned business, authentic Mexican food, serving in treasure coast since 1999.
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Went on my 1st date to this place. Started with chips and salsa. Salsa was nice and spicy how i like it! Ordered the steak fajita quesadilla and it was so good. Had 2 margaritas that were delicious as well. Ask for bartender sal! Hes super nice and super funny! :)

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Nice Mexican décor and music - it stops there. The salsa served with tortilla chips was weak and watery - flavorless. The twin beef tacos served with refried beans and rice were really not good. The plate was kiln hot and the tacos without taste. They seem not to use raw onion in either salsa or with taco toppings. The tacos were soggy from the poorly drained chopped tomatoes. The refried beans with rice were okay - what could they possibly do to make these two super bland sides less flavorful? It was lunch time so I opted for iced tea. Have no way of giving thoughts on the nice range of Margharitas, Coladas, Beers etc. Pleasant service, moderately priced. Two beef tacos, beans and rice with iced tea came to $10.91 before tip.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Not impressed with the rice or the beans that they serve with the meals. Great fajitas thought. Good for large groups

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I visited this restaurant and was not very happy with the quality and quantity of food, but I was annoyed after ordering a margarita priced at $7.50 each. It was served in a 14 oz glass although it usually comes in a 18 oz glass. I let it go, I wasn't drinking myself so in the absence of any complaint from my wife I let the discrepancy go. Wee had already had to remind the waitress that it was customary to serve chips and salsa and they eventually arrived. We ordered our food and even though the restaurant wasn't particularly busy we waited and waited for our food to arrive. In the interim the waitress returned and offered a two for the price of one margarita. My wife declined saying she had been conned previously and the offer was incorrect. The waitress reassured that the price would be $9.25 whether we had one or two. She said it was a genuine two for the price of one. On that basis my wife took the second margarita. My dinner arrived and was deficient in chicken. There wasn't enough to fill anymore than 2 tortilla. Plenty of fried onions and green peppers but hardly any chicken. I complained to the waitress and she explained they had changed tortilla suppliers. Her reply told me she didn't understand a word I had said. Oh well, the dinner that was supplied was edible. I checked the menu and found the 18 oz margarita was $7.50. I was annoyed and after receiving my check I pointed out to the waitress the discrepancy and asked to speak to the manager. She firstly said he was not in duty, but then the ownervif the restaurant arrived. He came to my table and he started to talk about the happy hour price. I suggested he was talking nonsense. I pointed out that the waitress couldn't gave made up her offer it was something she had been trained to say. A similar incident occurred a year or so back and be cause of that I have avoided the restaurant but tonight I didn't think they would try the sane con again. Not only did they but the owner tried to justify it with lies and deceit. I told him to alter the price of the margarita so it reflected the price advertised on the menu. After heated words he agreed to do so. I told him that what he was doing was wrong. I will never attend this restaurant again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

A very enjoyable evening spent with friends in the restaurant. The food, employees, and the clean and presentable dining room was great. We had a great time. There are a number of these restaurants and visited a number of them. All are the same as described in this review.