All reviews pet friendly hotel queen suite pet fee coffee table federal highway restaurant staff jensen beach shower curtain desk staff nice pool comfortable rooms nice property pool area hutchinson island pets microwave florida
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The Holiday Inn in Port St. Lucie is a great, inexpensive place to hang your hat if you're heading out to Jensen Beach or Hutchinson Island. Most of the place is classic Holiday Inn...comfortable rooms, good service, friendly staff. But the pool! Ahh, there aren't too many like this at Holiday Inns! The faux stone waterfall is beautiful, and really gives you the feeling that you're staying at a resort-style hotel for a third of the price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Front desk gentleman “Daniel” was very helpful, courtesy, and friendly. The security ‘Keith’ made sure our stay was safe. At night he escorted me to retrieve belongings from my vehicle, and assisted with directions for save family friendly eateries.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Room was almost OK. Musty smell prevailed throughout our visit. Clothes hanging in the little closet area were damp. Phone did not work initially, tech came and swapped out phones in a jiffy. Ice machine on 5th floor did not work throughout our three day visit despite reporting it on Day 1. No breakfast. Only a Denny's nearby...no other choices within walking distance. Noise from US1 was loud with motorcycles and 'tuners'. Pool was beautiful. Staff was extremely courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms on pool side above second floor level should help to isolate you from some road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Hotel right on Federal Highway, about four miles off the Parkway. We were visiting friends in PSL, so this was a reasonable property that was pet friendly. Checkin was quick, and were were given a second floor pet suite, next to the stairway, for easy outside access.
I would say the room was tired, but was clean. We didn't opt for housekeeping during our two night stay, so I can't speak to that issue. My main issue was with the pool area. Desolate, no towels, and the hot tub was closed, with very, very suspect barricading. Looked like no one has addressed it in weeks, maybe months. Also, the cement around the pool needs attention. Water was too cold to use. Just sat and looked at it. Overall, an ok location that fit our needs. Housekeeping staff we saw in the hallway were very friendly. However, the property itself could use some TLC.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Sonia R, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hello MamaGX4

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel and apologize if some of our amenities and services fell below your expectations. We take comments such as these into account and rest assured that these will be used towards our improvement. I can assure you that the hot tub is up and running today.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope you give us another chance to provide you with a better stay.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

When we checked in to Port St Lucie Holiday Inn on 2/22, our Television did not work and there was no Desk, lamp or clock in the room. After about 2-3 hours, a service technician was able to get us a working TV (on the third try) and brought in a table (no desk available) to sit at. When we first went to the front desk, the woman acted like she was too busy to help us and said that was the only room available. Luckily, we did finally get a working TV, but she said she could not move us, the hotel from what I can tell was not full. Then in the next morning, there was no hot water, so had to take a cold quick shower. When I went to front desk,he said he notified engineer. I asked about the Hospitality Promise which is on signs throughout the hotel and the desk clerk said he was not allowed to give us a free night but would take $ 50 off of our bill. I feel this is not the way to treat people and if you cannot uphold your "hospitality promise" then get rid of it. I doubt I will ever stay at an Intercontinental property again after this experience. The hotel was not very clean and not well kept. I would not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for on e that works
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank daverate
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hello daverate,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel and apologize if some of our amenities and services fell below your expectations. We take comments such as these into account and rest assured that these will be used towards our improvement. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

Best Regards,