Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
6,806 results
All reviews mini club kids club adult pool all inclusive resort tennis lessons circus team slice bar first club aqua gym evening shows child care calm pool all inclusives crazy signs riverside restaurant punta cana family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I wanted to go somewhere warm. Mexico was originally planned, but with the CDC requiring negative tests to come back to the US, I was not going to risk that. Hawaii was next on the list, but again, tests are needed and I am not dealing with the hassle of it all. I found Club Med Sandpiper...the only all inclusive resort in the US. Overall a good place to go, the weather is comparable to Hawaii and they had some very nice amenities. However, there are some things that could be upgraded.

The good:
-Lunch and Dinner buffet was excellent. New varieties of food everyday and all very tasty. If you don't like something that is pre-plated, they will customize a plate for you, no questions asked.
-The staff...everyone there wants to help you have a good, relaxing time. My daughters, 11 & 13, really enjoyed the teen club "Latitude 27." They spent whole days doing activities and having fun. Kelsey is great and my kids wanted to spend more time with her than with me and my wife! Manolo the guest service manager was also great, we had some minor issues and he made sure to take care of them. We had great service from Greg the maintenance worker, Tony from reception, and all of the restaurant staff. The trapeze performers/trainers took very good care of my daughters. There were so many good experiences with the staff, that I can't name then all.
-The activities...paddle board, trapeze, kayak, corn hole, ping pong, pickleball, tennis, golf. Plenty of things to keep you busy and plenty of staff to help you learn to do them if you aren't familiar.
-Its all inclusive! go to the bar and order what you want. Eat as little or as much as you want!
-Not too crowded. Plenty of room to find a place to relax by the pools or by the beach (River).

What could be done better:
-Breakfast and the Snack Window. After such good Dinners and Lunches...breakfast was lacking. Very basic. I was disappointed with Sunday Brunch...expected alot more, but it was a basic breakfast buffet, a step above a continental breakfast at the Holiday Inn. The snack window has three wraps, a cold ham and cheese sandwich, hot dog and fries as your options and that's it. No variety and the only warm foods are the hot dog and fries. The resort has great pizzas and chicken nuggets...use these in the snack bar and it would be so much better.
-The facilities, in general are dated. Not bad but not great. The walls are very thin and if you have loud drunk neighbors, they will wake you up at all hours of the night. The main pool is freezing cold, solar panel heating would easily fix this since it is the Sunshine state after all. Luckily the lap pool is heated and is not really used for lap swimming.
-Hidden parking charge...$15/day...not really advertised on the website and was a little bit of a shock on checking in, but again, not a deal breaker.

This resort could be amazing as it is the only all inclusive in the US. It is good, but not worth the full price, I was lucky enough to get a discounted rate from a special that was running through the club med website. I probably would not come here with just my wife, but will definitely be back with the whole family.

If you want a place to go where its warm, friendly, and fun for a family...I recommend giving it a try. Do not expect it to be like some of the higher end all inclusive resorts in other countries or you will be disappointed...It has the potential, but it just is not there yet.

Date of stay: February 2021
Club Med, General Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello ma0159,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are delighted that your family enjoyed your stay at Club Med! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our friendly G.O. spirit, the wonderful lunches and dinners and all of the activities. We also enjoyed reading your suggestions to add pizza and nuggets to the snack menu and to add solar panels to the main pool.

We were sorry to learn that you were not aware of the parking fee. It is not meant to be a hidden charge. We will increase visibility on our website so that our future guests are not surprised by the daily fee.
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Our best,
The Club Med team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed at Club Med in February- wow! Can’t say enough great things. First and foremost, the atmosphere and grounds are amazing! Kayaking, pools, tennis- endless fun! Sophia (Chief of Village) is outstanding and very personable and would often be found checking in to make sure our visit was great! Marco provided me an astrology chat during dinner which was very enlightening. And last but not least, DJ Alex rocked the house!!!! I will be back!! Thank you Club Med!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Passport527348
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family’s recent trip to club med was so wonderful, mostly due to the circus team and the kid’s club GOs. Megan is an amazing circus team leader and the other circus GOs were professional and yet so personal and fun. They instilled confidence in kids and adults alike, each time we attempted a trick. We were privileged to experience a private lesson with Zee and Parker, which was amazing. Virgil and Andrew kept us “in line” and entertained everyday while we waited for our turn. The whole team works so well together, creating a fun and safe environment for anyone courageous enough to try trapeze.
The kids leaders also helped make our kids’ club med experience such a joy! Kelsey, Pretzel and Taco were the 3 main GOs who hung out with our kids and blessed them so much. Lady does a great job leading the kids’ team.
Thanks again for such personalized care, Club Med circus and kids GOs!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time here and was super excited and nervous about traveling alone with 2 small children. I quickly learned I had nothing to worry about. My youngest daughter age 4 is still new to our family being home just one year after being adopted internationally. She does not speak yet but understands everything. She has albinism so my standards of meticulous sunblock are high. She is not yet potty trained and is legally blind. You'd think this would be an issue however Lady Coleman the family service manager not only greeted us personally but reassured me over and over again. The staff at the mini club med is just so wonderful that I find it hard to put into words. Especially when u live a life of feeling as though the world sees and treats your kids differently. Both of my girls became very attached to the staff and would ask for Yaya the minute they opened their eyes each morning. Yaya went above and beyond by sending me photos and videos all day. While my kids spent the day playing at the splash pad and doing arts and crafts I had so much free time! I sat at the adult pool sipping cocktails with some amazing people who I met there. Joaquin the bartender is a favorite of many and a friendly guy who will make you something delicious. Diego another mixologist was terrific! I wish I remembered every name buy a shout out to Matt who checked us in and helped set me up with a day pass for my friend.

The room served its purpose and we were hardly there. Left at 8am and returned at 8pm.

The main pool is right near the "fun" bar. Live entertainment all day and night.

The little beach is perfect for the kids and catching some sun. Everything was clean and staff is top notch.

I don't know if this amazing little gem of a place gets the attention it deserves but my children and I had the most incredible time and we hope to be back in a few months.

Once again bravo to the kids team! I couldnt have had such fun if my children didn't. Thank you all so much

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AmyGalm

Thank you so much for your review, Amy! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had an incredible stay at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, in addition to enjoying our adult infinity pool, crafted cocktails, and live entertainment. It’s also wonderful to hear that your daughters had such an amazing time at Mini Club while feeling cared for and attended to. Our CdV Sophia and committed team of G.Os go above and beyond to ensure our guests have an unforgettable stay, and we are so glad they made your stay so memorable—especially Yaya, Joaquin, Diego, and Matt. We hope to welcome you all back to the resort again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I participated in DJ Alex’s three day event and it was awesome! A fun and relaxing three day event with group activities, daily yoga, astrology readings, pool hang outs, and excellent music. Thanks Alex for organizing and count me in for the next one!

Club Med is a great venue for an event like this. Being an all-inclusive resort, you have everything you need at any moment. Rooms are nice and clean, food is delicious, staff is super SAFE and friendly, and the property and location is beautiful. Lots of sports and activities. The tennis with Gino and Rachid is top notch.

Sophia Lykke, the general manager of the resort, and Carmelo, manger of groups and events, are professional, kind and and accommodating. They’re always around, checking in, making sure you’re happy and having a good time. The value for your money is incredible.

The bar staff, lead by Jeff, are all rockstars. Shout out to JJ, Joey, Joaquin, Joan and Jenny for that extra touch in all they do.

Entertainment team is the driver of the village. Lead by Craig and Christine, Jamie, DJ Luis, Kyle and Dave are everywhere, keeping the place pumping with all kinds of live music, DJ sessions and mini-events.

Keep an eye out for Evan’s trivia night, a huge hit!

I’m lucky to be here right now enjoying the live music from the incredibly talented and dynamic duo, Melina Soochan and Dano Peace.

YOU GOT IT!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

We appreciate your review and are delighted to know you had a fantastic stay at Club Med Sandpiper Bay! It’s also wonderful to know that you enjoyed our gourmet dining, wide array of daily activities (especially tennis), and nightly entertainment. Our CdV Sophia and committed team of G.Os go above and beyond to ensure our guests have an unforgettable stay, and we are so glad they made your stay so special. Most importantly, the safety of our guests and staff is our top priority and we are so pleased to know you felt at ease with our health and hygiene protocols. We hope to welcome you back to the resort again soon! The Club Med Team