“Home to the best Sushi in Southwest Florida”

Amimoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Do you love sushi and/or authentic Japanese cuisine? Than look no further! Amimotos owners are actually from Japan and it shows in how delicious the food is. I have eating Sushi my whole life and this is hands down the best I've ever had. I have been coming here for over 5 years now and the quality is consistent. I never leave dissatisfied with my meal. It may take time to get your order when it's busy but the wait is always worth it!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Great sushi is hard to find in SWFL and Amimoto does not disappoint. We are from San Francisco and are picky about our sushi. We have never had a less than exceptional meal here. The fish is as fresh as possible and delicious. The preparation is creative and presented in a wonderful fashion.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

An Amimoto Christmas is a must, especially on Bill's birthday! They must take an entire day to set up this Christmas village, and we were lucky enough to sit right next to the animated section. Took me a while to realize, though, that the tiny "ho ho ho's" that we kept hearing came from the Santa in the hot-air balloon.

Oh, and the food was pretty good, too. Best Mexican rolls and spicy scallops I've ever had, and Bill's sea bass with special sauce was incredible. The first dish here is a crab cake appetizer--all crab, little filler, coated with panko.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

This is a family-owned small restaurant in a traditional setting. It is a great setting for couples and is by no means a singles joint like the popular Fort Myers sushi bars.

The food is excellent and prepared by the owner. The menu has a great selection of the usual choices. They do have daily specials which have always been worthwhile.

Definitely a great place to stop if you are in town.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Very good dinning experience. Small place good selection on menu. Miso soup, shrimp appetizers, sushi dinner. Very pleased.