“Good Food and Great Bar”

Italia at River City
Ranked #10 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Small but comfortable. Good food. Staff always pleasant. Great place to meet friends. Another one of our Punta Gorda favorites

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is a charming, unpretentious Italian restaurant. The menu includes favorite dishes some presented with interesting twists. The atmosphere is laid back and the noise level encourages conversation and coffee, if you have room for dessert and coffee. The wine list was ample and not hard on the wallet. Our meals were delicious. Entrees are served with house salad( and house dressing that was so good) and warm, crusty bread and herb infused olive oil.
The best reason to dine here is the excellent service. Our server was attentive,genial and quick to fulfill any request( shout out to Rachel). Good service makes or breaks a meal no matter how good the food may be.
This was a truly delightful dinner.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

four of us had dinner at Italia on a Friday evening. Restaurant is very nice and
inviting although it was quite a noisy crowd. Our server was friendly but sort of
condescending. I ordered Veal Marsala and it was not good - chewy, full of salt
and just not what one would expect at this level or price. The server asked each of
us "your meal is really good, right". I told her the truth and said that the dish was very
poor and not even close to the Veal Marsala I had eaten at Donato's. She did immediately offer to make me something else and I thanked her but I had eaten
half of the meal so declined. The other three said that their meals were ok but not
anything fantastic. Maybe I just experienced a poor meal by an inexperienced chef
but I don't think that I will go here again for good Italian - there are too many other
good Italian eateries in the area.

1  Thank murstel
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent, 4 of us had different meals, all were lovely! We were seated in a booth with very low seats and when the people behind us moved their bodies,we were jilted each time and it was very annoying and uncomfortable. I guess next time we will ask for a table not a booth.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

If you like typical Italian food you won't be disappointed. Spaghetti and meatballs was very good. As was the eggplant Parmesan. Nicely decorated. VERY noisy. High ceilings and loud voices made it difficult to have table conversation. One little thing to know. . . only one salad dressing to chose from! Makes it easy on the wait staff!!!