“Best Calamari!”

Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Water front island style dining featuring live entertainment daily. Chef driven menu with an eclectic mix of seafood, steaks and hand held items.
Reviewed 5 May 2015

Food is a little pricey, but it is always good. We've eaten there the last two stays at Little Harbor and have no complaints.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

We had been out kayaking earlier in the day and wanted to get something to eat. We had heard about the sunset grill from friends and of course being in the news.

So we headed south to get there. It was only 10 minutes from the Park we were at.

When we first got there we were less then impressed. I guess we hit it at shift change but we sat for at least 5-10 minutes with no service even though we had a waitress standing at the table next to us. My wife got up and went to the bar to get the drinks and the bar tender would not sell her the drinks because we were sitting at a table.

We were about to leave with that kindof attitude.

But our waitress showed up and explained and apologized. We were so hungry we decided to stay and eat and things got MUCH better.

The food was excellent. I had the lobster roll sandwich and my wife had the lobster and crab salad. Neither lasted long and there was no need for a doggie bag.

They had karaoke on Mon. and Tues. What a hoot. The waitress who had been there for 2+ years said that it will get packed. She wasn't lying either. By 6:30 there was not a table available.

But the kicker to the night is when the bar tender breaks it down from behind the bar. He puts on a show.

And of course the free SHOTS at sunset don't hurt.

We will put this on another trip for sure

1  Thank jim c
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Great view but the food service was awful didn't get silverware water or my appetizer until the dinner came. We each ordered mixed drinks that barely had a taste of alcohol and the bill was around $135 so for that price I would expect more.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

poor service, warm beer, local hangout spot. Waitress took forever and had a snippy little attitude. Fried clams were overdone and not whole belly. For $18 I didn't expect clam strips!

Reviewed 29 April 2015

Main entree (NY Strip) was great. Salad Bar was great. They need to work on freshening up their sides especially with the prices you are paying (even a baked potato would have been better than the mashed potatoes) The calamari was fried/frozen and just okay. I could find a hundred better recipes online they could use instead. One other area. We asked if they served bread with meals and was told we could buy it for $3.00. They gave us sliced toasted baguettes pieces. I would contact a bakery if you are going to charge for bread, give your customers good bread. In the end all the entrees were good (fish/steak and pastas were ordered) Great wine and atmosphere though!

1  Thank AuntAnne