US$110
US$102
Cancelon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$101
Fairfield Inn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$65
US$59
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$71
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$57
US$109
All reviewsa quiet residential areathe room was extremely cleancomforts of homesitting areacoffee makerrodneykitchenettesink
Reviewed 14 April 2017

What a nice family run motel with Rodney and his dad Ed taking care of the business from bookings to housecleaning and everything else. My wife and I have stayed here many times over the past ten years or so and it always the same – immaculately clean and fresh. During our last stay at Mar Bay I became ill and wanted to extend my stay for a while to recuperate (understand this motel has eight units and is usually fully booked way in advance) Rodney went way out of his way to juggle things around so that I could be accommodated. Very helpful and pleasant to deal with!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edward E
Rodney R, General Manager at Mar Bay Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear Mr. Edward E.
What an honor it has been to host you and your wife on your whirlwind tours of Florida! You have gone above and beyond with your kind words. Thank you so very much for your amazing review on TripAdvisor.

We are so delighted to read that you continue to enjoy our family hotel.
Hoping to welcome you once again next time you visit sunny Safety Harbor, Florida.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here which will soon be 8 nights while visiting relatives. The room was recently refurbished. The shower is tiled and has a hand held sprayer. The single sink is finished with a marble counter. There is two deco style chairs with corner table as a sitting area.
The king size bed has 6 pillows two of which are body size. The mattress is firm, a flat screen TV with remote and cable channels. The kitchenette has a full size fridge, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, and a selection of flatware, dishes and cups for two. The furnishings, lamps, and decor are tastefully done. Wood shades on the windows and a newer a/c unit. The kitchen is well equipped and serves us well. They make the bed daily and empty the trash. The owners are nice and accommodating.
We are pleased and will definitely return.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Don L

Dear Don L
Thank you so very much for your detailed and thorough review on TripAdvisor.
It was our pleasure to host you and your wife on your extended stay here in Tampa Bay.
It would be our honor to welcome you once again next time you visit sunny Safety Harbor, Florida.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

If you’re a person who will only be happy in a standard, corporate, cookie-cutter hotel with room service, gym, and valet parking, pull out your wallet and book somewhere else. But if family-owned, quiet, comfortable, ultra-clean, and modestly-priced are music to your ears, then the Mar Bay Motel & Suites is your ticket to a wonderful visit to the Tampa Bay area.

I stayed at the Mar Bay Motel & Suites twice, in the Fall, 2015 and Spring, 2016. They were both long stays, for family reasons, not vacation. I didn’t want to come back at the end of the day to a sterile, boxlike environment. The Mar Bay offered me a homey place to nestle in comfortably, complete with a full-size fridge, and equipped kitchen containing everything except a stove.

Both visits, I stayed in the same room, with a comfy, king-sized bed, tons of pillows, and a bathroom with a tub/shower combo and a frosted window. Have you ever been in a hotel where the hot water was limited, or ran out completely right when you had a head full of shampoo? That won’t happen here. Steaming hot water (be careful in the kitchen!) and plenty of it. And spotlessly clean, which is really important to me.

There's an A/C unit in the room, locally controlled, plus a ceiling fan. At first, I found the A/C a little noisy at night when it would click on, but once I found the right combo of A/C and fan settings, it was perfectly fine. In Florida, good, working A/C really matters, and the ability to adjust it myself was helpful.

My schedule didn’t allow me to see the owner, Rodney, and his father, Eddie, very often. Always a pleasure when I did. Really good people — warm and friendly, but also completely professional and responsive to your needs. When a storm threatened power loss, I asked for a flashlight, and one was waiting for me in the room when I returned. (Never had to use it, thank goodness.) A small piece broke on the toilet: fixed in the blink of an eye. Directions, route advice, various recommendations, etc: all I had to do was ask. Yet at the same time, they respected my need for quiet and solitude when I was on site, and those needs were pretty large due to the nature of my family demands.

For me, the Mar Bay’s location was a perfect blend of quiet and convenience. Occasionally, there’s a train at night, which I happen to like. Otherwise, traffic noise is minimal to nonexistent. Parking is right in front of your door. About a half mile drive to one of the main thoroughfares toward Clearwater or Tampa. Numerous malls for groceries, shopping, eating out, and whatever else you need are easily accessed. The beautiful Phillippe Park on the Tampa Bay is very close, and down the road is the quaint and lovely town of Safety Harbor, with small shops, good restaurants, a great pier for overlooking the Bay, and frequent street festivals, events, and farmers markets.

Consider this a whole-hearted recommendation for a simple, but excellent stay in the Tampa area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Aliesse

Thank you so very much for your amazing and thorough review on TripAdvisor. It has been our honor and pleasure to host you on your numerous extended stays here in Tampa Bay. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed our family hotel, and that you had the opportunity to experience the Mar Bay hospitality.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

I had an unusual situation and Rodney went above and beyond to accomodate me. Great hotel with an ideal location close to everything around the Tampa Bay area. Rooms are extremely clean. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Cheryl R

Dear Cheryl R,

Thank you so very much for your fantastic comments on TripAdvisor. How we do wish we were able to do more to help, so glad everything worked out. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed our family hotel, and that you had the opportunity to experience the Mar Bay hospitality.
It would be our honor to welcome you or your family once again

Rod Ramos

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights when I couldn't find reservations anywhere else. I was afraid it would be a "no-tell motel" but I trusted the other reviews on TripAdvisor and took a chance. It was VERY nice, clean, and comfortable. I never met our host, Rodney, but he handled our reservation over the phone and handled everything efficiently and courteously. The kitchen had in room coffee in a regular-size coffee pot! The bathroom had a full-size body wash dispenser--so no tiny bars of soap or tiny bottles to fool with. The room was very quiet in spite of being so close to the road. The AC worked great and there was a ceiling fan too. The location was very convenient and very close to a nice park with a bayside walk. I would recommend this motel to anyone coming to this area.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Mcones
Rodney R, Owner at Mar Bay Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear MCones, We cannot thank you enough for the amazing and wonderful review you have left for us here on TripAdvisor. We do regret not having the opportunity to greet you in person, what busy, fun-filled two days you must have had! We are very pleased to read of your experience at the Mar Bay. It is such an honor to know we met your expectations. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the Mar Bay. Warmest Regards Rodney Ramos GM/Owner