“Best Shrimp I ever had.”

O'Steen's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Went here for the first time on my vacation to St. Augustine and I knew it was going to great and it was. Small restaurant so plan for a little wait, but it will be worth it. We were fortunate to get seated right away and was greeted by our server Savannah, who was great and handled everything with care.
I ordered the shrimp 18 in all and my wife ordered the broiled scallops. Both orders were served perfect and timely. My wife’s dinner was great but I highly recommend you order the shrimp because this is what there famous for and yes they were the best shrimp I have ever had. Each meal comes with two sides and hush puppies. There were about 8 sides to choose from.
Overall O’Steen’s is a wonderful restaurant and highly recommend.

1  Thank Gigibeanz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This is a very small capacity restaurant. You may have to wait a little bit to get on. The food is phenomenal. I have not eaten here since around 2005 and it is as good as I remember it. I had the 12 ct fried shrimp with green bears and pickled cucumbers. It also came with 2 hush puppies which were very tasty. I do not believe they serve alcohol however the iced tea went great with the food. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Rider718
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Overall a good visit and very cheap meals.

All home cooked and you can tell as many if not all people in are regulars.

$8 for half a chicken, green beans, fries isn’t bad at all. With biscuit and corn bread.

I wouldn’t say it’s the best I’ve eaten but you can understand why people stop by.

No beer on at all if you like a drink with you meal like mine is a small minus.

My wife had shrimp and you could see how fresh they where, I like mine a little crispy but very fresh.

1  Thank Shandyandy30
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This place is incredible! The shrimp platter was the best I've ever had! Light breading with the perfect amount of flavor. Definitely worth the wait! This will be our new go to place when visiting St. Augustine.

1  Thank BackPacker809054
Reviewed 10 August 2018

This place is a must when visiting St. Augustine. Very simple, down home, comfort food. Of course the fried shrimp is their signature item, but be sure to partake in some of their unique side dishes! I also highly recommend the Minorcan clam chowder and be sure to add their homemade hot sauce!

2  Thank cindersmom