“wish I could give it more”
Review of Kingfish Grill

Kingfish Grill
Ranked #38 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Island Marina, THE KINGFISH GRILL offers spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone...."Bring the Family"! The HARBORVIEW BANQUET ROOM above Kingfish Grill is a beautiful second story event room with seating from 30 to 125. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, and Social Gatherings, THE HARBORVIEW ROOM is spectacular space. Let us take care of all your needs so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own party.
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My 11 year old daughter and I went here after an eclipse boat tour, so we were there right at 4 when they opened.
We were seated right away, but after that, it wasn't so great. I have to say at this point, I am a former F&B girl and spent over 10 years serving in Charleston (home) and South Florida.
The waiter is the main reason I give a 3. The food was good, not fantastic, but good. However as a former server, it was frustrating to have to flag down other waiters to refill drinks, etc. That said, the other waiters stepped up and got us things as we needed. It is disappointing to be on vacation and go to a place with a price point like this and expect 4 star service and get 2-3 star service.
I will give it another chance, as my family is here for another 10 days, but I am disappointed. Also, I mentioned we were on the boat tour and we were supposed to get a 10% discount for that, but by the time we got the waiter to bring the check, I didn't feel like messing around with 10%. Our bill was $75 and change...normally I am a 20%+ tipper, but tonight I only left about 12%. Like I said, I will give it another chance, but not a great first impression.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I had the grouper simply broiled with lemon, and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. I wanted fresh vegetables, and they graciously fixed me a bowl of cut tomatoes and cucumbers. The service was good, and our server was capable and friendly. My granddaughter had the California Roll, and she said it was very good. We had a window looking out at the boats, water and bridge. It was an enjoyable dinner, and we will return the next time we are in Vilano.

KingfishOwner, Owner at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit us again.
Paul

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

First time visit and I was very happy with this place. Was able to sit outside and view the waterway. Staff was polite, helpful and everyone at the table enjoyed their food and drinks.

KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Great! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your first visit of many to come. Bring your review for $10 off your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We had dinner at Kingfish Grill and it was very nice - not great. We can't complain about the food - it was very good but not great - just average for the neighborhood which is pretty special since there are alot of bad restaurants(tourist traps) in our area. The place was pretty crowded for a Wednesday night but we get alot of tourists in the summer. We appreciate it that the manager has his eye on everything and checks each table for a response after the food is served. We recommend it for fish and will try it again based on the quality and freshness of the food and the good service.

KingfishOwner, Owner at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words. We do try and satisfy our customers and we do cater to a local crowd although we are inundated with tourism. Please come back and visit again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My husband enjoyed his California Roll sushi. I had fish and chips but found the food mundane. Very noisy and cramped seating. Parking is hard to find as it is close to the marina. However, for basic grub, it fills the bill. Nothing special here just location, location, location!