“Delicious seafood”

Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Island Marina, THE KINGFISH GRILL offers spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone...."Bring the Family"! The HARBORVIEW BANQUET ROOM above Kingfish Grill is a beautiful second story event room with seating from 30 to 125. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, and Social Gatherings, THE HARBORVIEW ROOM is spectacular space. Let us take care of all your needs so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own party.
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Amazing atmosphere and the staff is so gracious. The food is amazing and priced well for the quality and quantity!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We started at the bar and we moved outside and the weather was actually nice, bartender was attentive and the house wine was ok, I guess everyone seemed to enjoy their meals no one complained they were bad or said they we great, I had the fish tacos which could have used more fish and a better choice of toppings, however the fish tasted good and the toppings were fresh, not a bad place to eat, just not a great place.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

As always, Kingfish Grill does not disappoint. I've held off on writing this review because, quite simply, I'm biased. I have adored this place through all of its up and downs and ins and outs. It's past time it gets a review it deserves.

For all of the people who complain about parking, high prices, or the noise level...Get over it. You're going to a restaurant situated within a marina. Fresh fish, excellent sushi, great service, and quality drinks are always going to be a little higher priced. As for the noise level...would you rather listen to an obnoxious TV on full volume, phones incessantly ringing, and kids screaming at the top of their lungs? People have a GREAT time here. It gets loud when large groups of friends and families come in.

The grounds are beautiful and tucked away. I've watched it go from a plain and serviceable patio and grassy area to a garden filled with hibiscus, fairy lights, a fire table, and a small herb garden.

Have to park far away because it's busy? Grab the guy or gal in the kingfish golf cart! They're usually tooling around on busy or rainy weekends.

Need a glass of wine and want to dream about boats? Go sit outside in the Adirondack chairs and admire whatever is currently docked in the marina.

Want a Martini that knocks your socks off? See what Mindy and Dave behind the bar can whip up. (P.S.: They're also hilariously funny if you've had a rough day and need to lighten up and laugh your butt off!).

Whatever you do, ORDER THE SUSHI. I'll attach a picture so you can see just what happens when you let Austin have free reign. It's called an Omakase plate. Ask your server about it. For that matter, if it's not insanely busy, walk right up to the sushi bar and talk to the chefs. Two rules: BE KIND and BE PATIENT. Good food takes time. Phenomenal Sushi takes just a tiny blink longer. It is more than worth it.

Yes, they have fried fish and shrimp. And yes, you can ask for it grilled if you prefer.

Yes, they have desserts. The crème brulee is my absolute favorite. I'm sure they have other lovely things, but honestly I couldn't tell you what they are. I've been ordering it for five years now!

One more thing. They have a banquet facility upstairs for private events. It's been remodeled over time and is just lovely. I've attended wedding parties, a birthday, and Christmas parties here. A view of the water with a private patio never hurt anyone.

Lastly, remember to tip your servers and bartenders and sushi chefs. They are all amazing and work really hard to provide "the best fresh fish on the water".

(Say that five times fast!) :)

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My 11 year old daughter and I went here after an eclipse boat tour, so we were there right at 4 when they opened.
We were seated right away, but after that, it wasn't so great. I have to say at this point, I am a former F&B girl and spent over 10 years serving in Charleston (home) and South Florida.
The waiter is the main reason I give a 3. The food was good, not fantastic, but good. However as a former server, it was frustrating to have to flag down other waiters to refill drinks, etc. That said, the other waiters stepped up and got us things as we needed. It is disappointing to be on vacation and go to a place with a price point like this and expect 4 star service and get 2-3 star service.
I will give it another chance, as my family is here for another 10 days, but I am disappointed. Also, I mentioned we were on the boat tour and we were supposed to get a 10% discount for that, but by the time we got the waiter to bring the check, I didn't feel like messing around with 10%. Our bill was $75 and change...normally I am a 20%+ tipper, but tonight I only left about 12%. Like I said, I will give it another chance, but not a great first impression.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I had the grouper simply broiled with lemon, and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. I wanted fresh vegetables, and they graciously fixed me a bowl of cut tomatoes and cucumbers. The service was good, and our server was capable and friendly. My granddaughter had the California Roll, and she said it was very good. We had a window looking out at the boats, water and bridge. It was an enjoyable dinner, and we will return the next time we are in Vilano.

KingfishOwner, Owner at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit us again.
Paul