“First time diner”

Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Island Marina, THE KINGFISH GRILL offers spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone...."Bring the Family"! The HARBORVIEW BANQUET ROOM above Kingfish Grill is a beautiful second story event room with seating from 30 to 125. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, and Social Gatherings, THE HARBORVIEW ROOM is spectacular space. Let us take care of all your needs so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own party.
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Excellent service, large portions and good food. My wife loved the fish tacos. Good value for the money. Try to sit outside if at all possible.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The hubby and I decided to try this place after a tour. We'd heard that the spot was good so we decided to give it a try. There was a live band at the time of our visit. We sat outside so we could see the water but that wasn't such a great idea because of the flies. We ordered the conch fritters and we shared the captain's platter. The food was okay, nothing outstanding. The service was good. The price was average. We spent almost 70 for 3 drinks, 1 entree, and 1 appetizer. You do receive some bread also, now that was delicious.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Amazing atmosphere and the staff is so gracious. The food is amazing and priced well for the quality and quantity!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We started at the bar and we moved outside and the weather was actually nice, bartender was attentive and the house wine was ok, I guess everyone seemed to enjoy their meals no one complained they were bad or said they we great, I had the fish tacos which could have used more fish and a better choice of toppings, however the fish tasted good and the toppings were fresh, not a bad place to eat, just not a great place.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

As always, Kingfish Grill does not disappoint. I've held off on writing this review because, quite simply, I'm biased. I have adored this place through all of its up and downs and ins and outs. It's past time it gets a review it deserves.

For all of the people who complain about parking, high prices, or the noise level...Get over it. You're going to a restaurant situated within a marina. Fresh fish, excellent sushi, great service, and quality drinks are always going to be a little higher priced. As for the noise level...would you rather listen to an obnoxious TV on full volume, phones incessantly ringing, and kids screaming at the top of their lungs? People have a GREAT time here. It gets loud when large groups of friends and families come in.

The grounds are beautiful and tucked away. I've watched it go from a plain and serviceable patio and grassy area to a garden filled with hibiscus, fairy lights, a fire table, and a small herb garden.

Have to park far away because it's busy? Grab the guy or gal in the kingfish golf cart! They're usually tooling around on busy or rainy weekends.

Need a glass of wine and want to dream about boats? Go sit outside in the Adirondack chairs and admire whatever is currently docked in the marina.

Want a Martini that knocks your socks off? See what Mindy and Dave behind the bar can whip up. (P.S.: They're also hilariously funny if you've had a rough day and need to lighten up and laugh your butt off!).

Whatever you do, ORDER THE SUSHI. I'll attach a picture so you can see just what happens when you let Austin have free reign. It's called an Omakase plate. Ask your server about it. For that matter, if it's not insanely busy, walk right up to the sushi bar and talk to the chefs. Two rules: BE KIND and BE PATIENT. Good food takes time. Phenomenal Sushi takes just a tiny blink longer. It is more than worth it.

Yes, they have fried fish and shrimp. And yes, you can ask for it grilled if you prefer.

Yes, they have desserts. The crème brulee is my absolute favorite. I'm sure they have other lovely things, but honestly I couldn't tell you what they are. I've been ordering it for five years now!

One more thing. They have a banquet facility upstairs for private events. It's been remodeled over time and is just lovely. I've attended wedding parties, a birthday, and Christmas parties here. A view of the water with a private patio never hurt anyone.

Lastly, remember to tip your servers and bartenders and sushi chefs. They are all amazing and work really hard to provide "the best fresh fish on the water".

(Say that five times fast!) :)