This is my favorite hotel in St Augustine and here is why:
1) LOCATION-- I freaking LOVE this hotel for its convenient location in the historic district. It is steps (LITERALLY) from all of the highlights of this beautiful area. The fort is just across the street (maybe a football field or two away) and the awesome shops and restaurants of St George Street and the other historic district streets are just outside of the hotel doors!
2) ACCOMMODATIONS-- I am a huge Hilton fan and stay in one of their many brands on my business travels each week. This hotel is a favorite for me because it combines all of the luxury and conveniences I have come to appreciate when I stay at a Hilton with the charm of a St Augustine bed and breakfast. The furnishings have a great old world charm that make the room accommodations feel very warm and luxurious (see my pics attached with this review).
3) THE VIEWS!-- If you get a bayfront view (request it, it is worth it!), you can enjoy a relaxing evening on the balcony or a lovely morning watching the sunrise. It's amazing.
4) AWESOME STAFF-- The front desk staff are super nice and can give you great tips about nice places to eat and visit in the area. They are all always so willing to bend over backwards to make your visit a pleasant experience.
Other things to know about this hotel:
-- Parking is a bit pricey but, since there aren't a lot of cheap parking alternatives in St Augustine, it is nice to at least have a safe place to valet your vehicle during your trip and the valet staff are very kind, professional, and make getting your vehicle in-and-out a piece of cake. (NOTE: You won't need it out much at all though because almost everything of interest is in walking distance anyway! We only checked our vehicle out to hit the beach for the day. :-)
-- Save your pennies and use HHonors points! I will admit that this hotel is more than what I usually pay for vacation accommodations, but if you save up your Hilton HHonors points (membership is free), you can get a free night for 50,000 points. Don't have HHonors points? Then, use the "flexible dates" option when looking for a time to visit St Augustine. I have seen the rates as low as $159 for this hotel which is TOTALLY reasonable for the quality of the accommodations.
-- Breakfast is yummy but I recommend skipping the expensive breakfast buffet offered for other great options in the area. I have had the hotel's breakfast buffet and, while it was good, it wasn't worth $18 per person. I got it free for being a Hilton Gold member, but would have been disappointed if I paid that much when there are LOTS of other wonderful breakfast options in the area (such as Athena's Greek Restaurants awesome french toast just around the corner!!!).
This hotel is wonderful and will really make your stay in St Augustine super enjoyable! Trust me, as a Flagler College alum who returns at least once a year to revisit my alma mater, this is my favorite place to stay! Feel free to message me if you want ideas of fun things to do in St Augustine! I'm happy to help!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront Hotel Saint Augustine
- Hilton Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Hilton