“Location, luxury, and old world charm with Hilton conveniences!”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa
“Location, luxury, and old world charm with Hilton conveniences!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is my favorite hotel in St Augustine and here is why:

1) LOCATION-- I freaking LOVE this hotel for its convenient location in the historic district. It is steps (LITERALLY) from all of the highlights of this beautiful area. The fort is just across the street (maybe a football field or two away) and the awesome shops and restaurants of St George Street and the other historic district streets are just outside of the hotel doors!

2) ACCOMMODATIONS-- I am a huge Hilton fan and stay in one of their many brands on my business travels each week. This hotel is a favorite for me because it combines all of the luxury and conveniences I have come to appreciate when I stay at a Hilton with the charm of a St Augustine bed and breakfast. The furnishings have a great old world charm that make the room accommodations feel very warm and luxurious (see my pics attached with this review).

3) THE VIEWS!-- If you get a bayfront view (request it, it is worth it!), you can enjoy a relaxing evening on the balcony or a lovely morning watching the sunrise. It's amazing.

4) AWESOME STAFF-- The front desk staff are super nice and can give you great tips about nice places to eat and visit in the area. They are all always so willing to bend over backwards to make your visit a pleasant experience.

Other things to know about this hotel:

-- Parking is a bit pricey but, since there aren't a lot of cheap parking alternatives in St Augustine, it is nice to at least have a safe place to valet your vehicle during your trip and the valet staff are very kind, professional, and make getting your vehicle in-and-out a piece of cake. (NOTE: You won't need it out much at all though because almost everything of interest is in walking distance anyway! We only checked our vehicle out to hit the beach for the day. :-)

-- Save your pennies and use HHonors points! I will admit that this hotel is more than what I usually pay for vacation accommodations, but if you save up your Hilton HHonors points (membership is free), you can get a free night for 50,000 points. Don't have HHonors points? Then, use the "flexible dates" option when looking for a time to visit St Augustine. I have seen the rates as low as $159 for this hotel which is TOTALLY reasonable for the quality of the accommodations.

-- Breakfast is yummy but I recommend skipping the expensive breakfast buffet offered for other great options in the area. I have had the hotel's breakfast buffet and, while it was good, it wasn't worth $18 per person. I got it free for being a Hilton Gold member, but would have been disappointed if I paid that much when there are LOTS of other wonderful breakfast options in the area (such as Athena's Greek Restaurants awesome french toast just around the corner!!!).

This hotel is wonderful and will really make your stay in St Augustine super enjoyable! Trust me, as a Flagler College alum who returns at least once a year to revisit my alma mater, this is my favorite place to stay! Feel free to message me if you want ideas of fun things to do in St Augustine! I'm happy to help!

Room Tip: Ask for a bayfront room upon arrive-- sometimes a free upgrade may be available!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank debbiesdreamtrips

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
State College, PA
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We enjoyed the porch on our bayfront room and enjoyed drinking coffee in the morning and evenings on the porch. There are not many bayfront locations in the historic area of downtown St. Augustine and the Hilton appears to be the nicest one. We were also in walking distance of many attractions and restaurants. Valet parking was also welcome since parking seems to be scarce in downtown St. Augustine. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve a bayfront room on the second floor with a porch.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kscsc
Alachua
Reviewed 2 March 2012

A beautful cluster of buildings designed to look old make you feel you are stepping back in time but with all the comforts of today. Top quality restaurant. Food is cooked in a Spanish style with only the best ingrediance. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with views of the St Augustine bay and back streets of the town. All rooms have refrigerators, coffee maker and a great selection of toiletries.
A lot of rooms have their own balconys. The staff are friendly and seem to know your every need. The pool has a wonderful view of the harbor and a hot tub. The horse drawn carriages are waiting for you across the street. If you want a bit of the Good Life this is it! See our review at www.GoodLifeCommunity.com

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Trish W
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for our friend's birthday at the end of January and we were overall pretty let down by this property. Upon check in we found out that the cable was not working. Then when we went to our rooms we discovered that we did not in fact have adjoining rooms which is the whole reason we booked there in the first place. I understand that that was just a request that we did not pay for but it was still a let down. Then our water went off the next day and upon arriving back late from a night on the town we wanted to heat up our leftovers from dinner. Not only would they not heat our food up, they had no other on site option for food at that hour. We ended up ordering a pizza which arrived actually arrived pretty quickly. These are just some things that I figured a Hilton would take care of. To me it seemed like a lesser quality hotel operating under the Hilton name. Would stay there again just for the convenience but would definitely explore all other options first. Hope this helps.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank alchap83
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here three times. Each time worse than the time before. Most recent was January 2012. First day, got to room and cable tv doesn't work. I called the front desk and they advised me something about cable company waiting for a needed part but that the pay channels were working and that I could buy movies! Next morning plumbing in a room ruptured and water was shut off. Had to take "shower" using bottled water and used the toilet at a near BK. Next, our a/c unit kept shutting off. I was advise that it was working fine. By the fourth night I removed the air filter door and found a dirty filter that had not been changed in over 7 months (installed date written on filter). I spoke with the general manager who told me it was impossible for filter to be that old. So I showed him a picture of the filter with date. His faced turned red with anger and apologized and said I would receive a credit for enduring 4 nights of hell. I'm still waiting for my credit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Victor G
pmcroberts2, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns in regards to your recent visit. In reading your comments it is very evident that yours was not a typical stay at our property. We would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your stay and the credits that were issued. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.