1,328 results
All reviews restaurant next door continental breakfast train noise starbucks coffee tile floors updated rooms red train light sleeper large room opened the door comfortable beds would stay here again yogurt nice place to stay close to downtown historic district old town trolley
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my night here. I came down to St. Augustine with a friend. We wanted a place that wouldn’t break the bank. The beds were comfortable the AC worked great (I’m from Colorado so the humidity killed me). Breakfast was provided for free in the morning. The staff was very polite and helpful. The area was very quiet and we were able to get a great nights sleep. I’d recommend it to friends.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Michael C, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you Mary for your review.and for choosing Jaybird's Inn. I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

There is so so much I could say about my recent stay at the lovely, charming, old school St. Augustine Jaybird Inn. First of all it is a great value, they take great pride in their work and while they cover all the basics, what truly makes them shine is the staff.

I know the Jaybird is in a time of change but please don;t change too much or the things that make it so special. The service is fantastic, kind and truly caring. The food was perfect for what it was ( I do hope the restaurant makes a come back), the bikes are fantastic, it's safe for solo travelers, lots of great information about the area, sweet pool, gym, central to many great locations, amenities, pretty art work every one cares about what they do.

The cleaning staff to the desk to maintenance, all top notch folks with big hearts. And all of this, so affordable.

Book with them. It is a great value for your investment in them.

Thank you so much for a special stay and I will be back real soon.

Please keep your wonderful staff and old school, comfy, sweet, retor, old school St. Augustine, personal ways :)

Laurie Jill Strickland
Filmmaker

Room Tip: It was very quiet on the lower level.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank LaurieStrickland16
Michael C, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello Laurie,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We have no plans to change anything, just a few improvements to breakfast and our landscaping. We love our jobs and work with guests just like you. Please return soon and thank you for choosing Jaybird's Inn.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I recently had a chance to stay at the Jaybird inn with my wife and daughter. The room had 2 queen sized beds in an open area. the accommodations were fine for the 2 nights. the beds were comfortable and the shower was clean with decent water pressure. The inn had that historic look to the outside with a modern feel on the inside. a complimentary breakfast was included.

The inn was located minutes away from most everything. I really like this location. Definitely saved a few dollars from stay nearer the fort and historic hotels.

I would definitely stay here again on future visits..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Bob for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with your famly.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

The receptionist on duty when we arrived, (name was something like Akiko), was outstanding. The lobby and room was clean. While not in the downtown area, it’s location was convenient and easy to get into and out of.

The only negative experiences we had were the noisy neighbors who sat in the patio chairs outside our room late at night, leaving cigarette butts and beer bottles under the chairs, and having to walk past a smoking ash tray receptacle located outside the lobby entrance. I’m sure had we called the desk, they would have addressed the neighbor issue. I would recommend the facility move the smoking rooms and areas farthest from the lobby.

We definitely would stay there again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for your review of Jaybird's Inn and thank you for recognizing Akiki by name. We like to reward our associates for outstanding service. Thank you for the suggestion regarding the placement of smoking recepticles.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The free bikes were the best part. Hotel was clean and cozy. The breakfast was simple but just enough to have a little something to start the day. Hotel staff were a little awkward when speaking/asking questions which threw us off a bit. But overall happy with our stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your reivew, I am glad you got to enjoy the free bikes. We look forward to hosting your next stay in St. Augustine.