“Beach Club at St. Augustine - the place to relax”

La Strada Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Walking the beaches, swimming, relaxing, visiting friends, going boating - St. Augustine has it all. Plenty of sites to see, but we chose to just relax.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

After 24 years of living in Saint Augustine, La Strada Italian Restaurant is still my go-to for authentic Italian food. The owner, Mark De Russo creates a menu of authentic, specialty dishes that make this Brooklyn New York a regular. Today we celebration my grandson’s baptism with 35 of our closest friend and family. Mark never fails to impress, as this is our 20th+ party hosted by Mark and his team. This is a must have stop whether visiting Saint Augustine or if you call it home.

1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Just had the most delicious Italian meal ever! Husband had Veal Marsala, with a side of meatballs; and I the Chicken Parmigina. Everything was prepared excellently by Chef Mark! The servers, Sindy and Michael, were also amazing and friendly. When your in St Augustine area, it’s well worth the drive across the bridge.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife, daughter and I ate at La Strada again this week, as we always do when we come to St. Augustine. They are on Anastasia Island, which we also like. The only thing I can say is that every time we go there, we come away full and fully satisfied. We don't understand why they are not jam packed every night, but if you want real quality Italian food, this is the best at the beach. The food is fantastic, service is adequate, and the atmosphere is perfect. It isn't huge, so do recommend reservations.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have passed by this little restaurant a million times and have never really paid attention to it until last night. My husband & I were trying to find a place we could actually get into because it was peak dinner time for all the tourist. I am SO glad we stopped in here!
As soon as we walked in I knew we were someplace special. The smell was amazing and the ambiance was just adorable. The menu is full of wonderful Italian choices and they had some great specials but I had to try their Spaghetti and Meatballs. Their pasta is imported from Italy which is my favorite type and it was cooked perfect. The marinara was fresh and so full of flavor. When you cut into the homemade meatball you could smell the fresh herbs and see them. Very few places I have been actually know how to make great meatballs and they knocked it out of the park.
My husband had the Lobster & Shrimp Ravioli in a Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce. He thought it was delicious.
Make sure you ask for fresh warm bread served with the best fresh Bruschetta. I could have ate a giant bowl of the Bruschetta.
They have a great selection of wines and the house Merlot was very good.
Save room for dessert....we wanted to eat dessert but we were to full. I literally only ate 1/4 of my pasta. The dessert menu was very large and I will be going back to get their Lemoncello Cake.
We can't wait to eat here again. Sindy & Micheal were very attentive and I hope they are there when we come back. Chef Mark....Eccellente!!