“Best guacamole ever!”

Frida Taqueria & Tequila Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with the family. Probably the best authentic guacamole ever. Authentic Mexican waitress made the guacamole right at our table - chunky, fresh and delicious. Kudos to her and her guac! Veggie arepas and fish tacos were also great. Beef fajitas were just ok as the beef was a little tough. Biggest gripe - no bottled water available.

Would definitely go back for some guacamole and a beer!

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I really wanted to like this place, given the food and ethncity, however I did not.

#1. The waiter was excelling. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable you man. No complaints there

#2. Clean restaurant. Not sure how much damage they received during Hurricane Mathew, but any damage is long long.

#3. Food mostly average. Fajita's were way, way, way too salty. Also noticed they served tortillas wrapped in wax paper. That's a new one for me. What I can tell you is that when you serve them like that, they have a tendency to become gummy. The steam also causes many of them to stick to themselves like glue. Not pleasant at all. Also they were out of plantains. This is obviously not the end of the word, but they didn't offer any additional side item, or to reduce our bill for something they did not stock. They should have provided a substitute...

#4 The kitchen staff was atrocious. Ordered Fajitas. Not sure why it took them an hour to make.

Would I go back again, yes, but I won't be making that on any of my destination lists

1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We sat out on the balcony which has an amazing view, maybe the best in the area of any of the restaurants. Our server was an upbeat young lady named Liz who was very knowledgable about both the menu and the area. It was a slower night and instead of hiding in the back on her phone like so many do these days, Liz was present and attentive to make our night one of the most enjoyable nights of our vacation.

The food was amazing as each dinner was presented all were pleased with the selections and after eating them even more satisfied. I think earlier complaints may be because they had changed their menu and it was just after a major hurricane. Our experience was much more positive and enjoyable so I recommend giving Frida's a try.

The view on the Balcony is the best in town, and if your lucky enough to have Liz as your server your evening and dinner will be awesome.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

This was the worst Food I ever ate .bland bland. Food was flavorless, cold and just discussing. Service was slow.
Do your stomach a favor don't eat here.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Everything was TERRIBLE from the seating to the food. Our orders were all WRONG and INCOMPLETE. The service was AWFUL and their food is NOT near authentic!! Stale chips, tomatoes juice as salsa, burnt rice and lack of flavor. Don't be fooled by the appearance because it's a terrible place to waste your money.