“Best Coconut Shrimp! ”

Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located directly on the beach at the Beachcomber Beach Hotel! Featuring two live bands 365 days of the year! Food is served daily, with a full menu from 11AM-11PM. Relax on the open air deck while enjoying a gorgeous view of the white sandy beach and the sparkling Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Best Coconut Shrimp we've found in the area, plus the vibe, live music and beach view along with service are all great. We go every year. Enjoy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,778)

Reviewed 4 February 2016

It was 80 degrees today and we decided to spend the afternoon at St. Pete Beach.

We opted to have lunch at Jimmy B's, a favorite spot for nightly entertainment and one of the best bars on the Beach.

Our meal was very pleasant overlooking the beach, palm trees and the Gulf of Mexico.

Our server Steve was a relatively new employee to the Beachcomber Resort and provided us with excellent service.

If you are staying in the St. Petersburg-Clearwater area a visit to the Beachcomber-Jimmy B's is highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I visited Jimmy B's during the week and had a great time. Staff is great. Julie was my bartender the 1st night I arrived. Julie is awesome and always smiling. She makes a great drink and is really quick. She always checked to see if I needed a refill . I hope to see her there next time. Mark G was my bartender the 2nd day. It rained all day but I had a great time at his bar . Mark makes great drinks and suggested a few I haven't had 1 of which is now a favorite. Fast service from Mark even when it's busy in there. . Torre was my bartender on my 3rd day. Torre is one of my favorites as he makes a great drink and is always checking for refills.
Sara was my bartender on my last day and as always she's a favorite. Great bartender, super happy personality and fast effective service. The bands were all very good. Food is excellent bar food and the price is one of the cheapest of the beach bars. Overall this is the best beach bar in St Pete Beach

Reviewed 1 February 2016

We didn't go for sunset, sounded much too busy for us. We did visit after 9pm on a cool night when very few people were there. The waitresses went out of their way to get a working heater and the Bahamas Mamas were good. The band, however was not good on that night. We heard there are 2-3 different bands per day starting at 3:30pm.
We tried again during the daytime, and again the cocktails were good, the server was great and we could see the water from the deck. We were not impressed with the menu so didn't eat there.
Parking is behind the 7-11 across Gulf, walk through the lobby and toward the beach to find it.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

Great place to catch the sun melting into the ocean during sunset. The atmosphere is always fun for all ages. Weekends offer live bands on the deck during the day & in the "club" attached to the deck in the evening.
Food is great & the price is reasonable, considering it is a top tourist spot! If you're a local... Be sure to sign up for a "Players Card" in the lobby lounge & present before you purchase drinks & food for the best discounts!
Highly recommend the fish tacos & the Bloody Mary's.