“Best Lobster bisque ever!”

Chill Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chill Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 154 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chill is so much more than just a beach restaurant with amazing food... we offer Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner and a Sunday brunch buffet AND a menu. Chill offers live music Tues thru Sunday 7 pm 11. Carl's Piano Bar Thurs Fri & Sat beginning at 6:30. At dinner we offer small plates and full entrees, plenty of GF, vegetarian and vegan choices as well as a full espresso bar and liquor with expert craft cocktails. We have a private party room that accommodates up to 50 guests, expert service staff 100% focused entirely on guest experience. We invite you to the new Chill, relocated from the original Gulf Blvd spot into beautiful downtown St. Pete Beach in the heart of our little downtown shopping district. See you soon :)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been going to Chill ever since my wife first brought me to St. Pete Beach three years ago. Their new location is fantastic and we love the open air dining room. It’s great for people watching on Corey Avenue. If you live here, you know exactly what I mean ;)

The lobster bisque is amazing and equal IMHO to the venerable Thomas Keller’s at the French Laundry. No kidding! The sherry reduction is a perfect nuance to this dish and there’s plenty of tender, succulent lobster meat - a rarity! I love the Caesar salad, especially with grilled salmon. The chef never over-cooks the fish which is my most common complaint at other restaurants. The Parmesan crisps add a nice texture. Chill also serves up my favorite shrimp & grits. Ruthie’s special New Orleans-inspired recipe is unbelievable. You probably can’t finish it by yourself.

An added bonus is the eclectic offering of live music most nights of the week. It’s got a great neighborhood vibe and convivial ambiance. A special shout out to our favorite server Gilbert and Molly the bartender who always make us feel so welcome and appreciated.

Ruthie B, Owner at Chill Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so very much!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have had brunch at Chill Restaurant and I have had dinner there as well. Both were fantastic experiences! Little to no wait time for a table, delicious food and top of the line entertainment. Staff is knowledgeable and kind. I highly recommend stopping in to Chill Restaurant for an overall wonderful meal!

Thank you Tina!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was in town last week and had the pleasure to eat at chill. I started with the Firecracker shrimp which was great and then I ordered the prime rib special which was amazing! All the food was perfectly cooked and on top of that, the staff was great and made great food suggestions! I will definitely visit again soon!

Thank you so much Chris-Topher! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered the vegatarian meal (roasted butternut squash) and would give it a 2 out of 5 stars. I recommend you limit the oil for a meal that was to be low fat was very oily. If you add more seasoning to your dish you could steam it and eliminate the oil all together. I could not even eat half of it because of the amount of oil.
My husband had your fish special but said it bad too much cream.

Wow... thank you for the heads up. I brought this to the attention of all of our cooks. We roast the spaghetti squash ahead of time (it takes an hour to cook from raw state). We add oil to the flat top grill when we heat it up to serve... sounds like yours was too heavy handed. I wish I knew what fish special your husband had... the Caribbean Bowl is a popular special and is made with coconut milk. The other possibility is the Chilean Sea Bass and Scallops which are poached in a fresh tarragon sherried cream sauce. It's VERY creamy... maybe that was it? Either way, I am sorry he didn't like it. It's definitely NOT on the healthier side of our menu.
I hope you come back again. Please ask for me. I'd love to apologize to you in person for the oily spaghetti squash. Thanks for your review and helpful feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

i ordered shrimp and grits and was very pleased with their rendition. i have had this dish at several different restaurants and this was one of the best. The grits were almost fluffy - very different, but very good.

Thank you! That's my family's recipe from New Orleans!