“Excellent seafood and a pleasant place to sit”

The Salty Rim Grill
Ranked #43 of 154 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For everyone who loves redemptive powers of the sea and the sensual tastes of the very freshest foods and great drinks, the cure is indeed here: St. Pete Beach’s most festive dining experience, The Salty Rim Grill. The Salty Rim is something from the imagination of an old Florida dreamer or Buffet song. the fresh food is influenced by the great tastes of the Caribbean, Florida Keys and places that rim the Gulf of Mexico. But it’s even more than that, The Salty Rim is a state of mind; the nearest faraway place that the fun loving people of Tampa Bay can escape to… and please when you enter, be sure to check your worries at the door.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

My husband and son have stopped here several times, this was my first. He ordered the
oyster bar junk, which he described as well worth the $24 for all the fresh seafood you get. I ordered a hamburger, which was very good and came with fries. He also recommends the key west mojito (I was designated driver). He put himself through college working as a bar tender and knows his drinks. It was 3 pm in July, but sitting out on the deck with fans and a breeze from the water was comfortable. A good place to go.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

staff is usually very nice, but I have to say Joel made my day. His smile to his service was 5 stars

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Service was great! Jacob was funny and attentive (as were the rest of the staff). The grilled grouper sandwich was really great (not dry either)!
Cocktails were really good too! As constructive feedback, I would say the fish spread was good, but was a bit on the bland side. Live music was great too, as was the ambiance. We are locals and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is my go to restaurant when I want excellent food and drinks in a casual waterside setting. The staff are always friendly and attentive. AVOCADO ALMOND FRITA, ISLAND COCONUT SEAFOOD STEW, OYSTER BAR JUNK are just a few of our favorites. The drinks are cold and strong. Never had anything that wasn't delicious. Live music most afternoons is a bonus.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Our visit was awesome! We had the fish dip and a grouper sandwich. The grouper was definitely one of the best I have ever had. Our waiter Jacob was great! Very attentive and funny. They had live music on the deck and a cool breeze was blowing. Nice!