TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$309
US$245
US$141
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$149
US$137
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$165
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$159
US$173
US$349
US$269
Hotels.com
Sabal Palms Inn(St. Pete Beach)
US$198
5,778 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Relaxing and family vacation don't often go hand in hand but this one was both. From reserved cabanas on the beach to huge water slide and 4 pools the kids were able to keep busy and sometimes travel on their own. The games at the kids type pool were fun and involved kids and adults alike. We had a suite so we walked to the local grocery and had the resort transportation pick us up with our groceries. We cooked breakfast and lunch in the room then had a nice dinner at night. The staff was so friendly. We are already talking about returning next year.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Wendy K, Social Media Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello LinnWI! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing family vacation with us, we do hope to see you back again next year!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I had a blast at the Island Grand Resort. Everyone was very friendly. The resort was clean. The amenities offered for the kids are awesome from the slide to paddle boats; our daughter had a blast. Devron made the kid-friendly pool fun for all! Even the adults were begging him to comeback to entertain!

We’ve already booked for next spring break! Thanks for the memories!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy C

Thank you for the review, Amy! We couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed your Spring Break with us and we can' wait to see you back again next year!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Our girls trip to St. Pete beach was wonderful, Glad we picked Tradewinds! Everyone at the resort was so nice and friendly! Beau was very helpful and fun in the deli every morning, and Lily F. behind the ice cream counter every evening, was a delight!!
We had 2queen beds in our rooms, which were a little smaller than expected, but just right for 2 people to share. The beds were extremely comfortable! (Even looked to see what kind they were- Beauty rest 360) Don’t think we’ve ever slept so well on vacation before. Water was chilly for the end of March, but the sun, sand & frozen drinks were awesome!! Really enjoyed the dolphin watching/shell island boat trip too, about 2 hours. We all agreed, we are coming back!

Room Tip: 2nd floor of Jacaranda, Tropical view, not far from elevator, quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review Kimber, we're glad you picked TradeWinds too! We also appreciate your kind words about our staff - we can't wait to share them. We can't wait to see you return!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My family and I recently visited the Tradewinds for a family vacation. When we arrived, we were greeted by very friendly bell staff. They were very nice and helpful. We then went to check in. Check in went well. They give you a full explanation of all the activities the resort has and where all the restaurants are. Very helpful, just like the bell staff. This is where things got strange. We were told to go to the Service desk I believe, to go and get our wrist bands (wrist band is for people who pre-pay for amenities). They give me our wrist bands and then start SOLICITING you to buy a time share. Welcome to vacation!! The sell wasn't too hard. They asked me "What time can I mark you down for a presentation, 8:30 to 10:30." I said no 30 and that we just arrived to vacation that I spent a lot of money on. I do not want to be sold on vacation. I have rarely every seen this at a resort.

We got to our room. We had pool view bottom level. Pretty nice room. Super loud, because of location but we were totally cool with that. They have a few pools. They are tiny. Nothing special. 2 Hot tubs full of kids. They have an adult pool near beach. The beach is the best part of the hotel. Awesome beach. The beach activities are great like paddle boarding and jet skis. The big water slide is a ton of fun. One issue is that the ocean water park was not set up. They said it was offseason. So for Spring Break do not expect to use the outdoor water park. I didn't see on the website that the outdoor water park is seasonal, but if it did say that, I apologize. Not a huge deal, just disappointing. We're beach people, so that would have been awesome.

Restaurants: Eat off the resort. Average food at best that is SUPER overpriced. The $15 Burger looked like a slider. We're not heavy people nor do we eat a lot, but the food wasn't great and the value was sad. The Palm Court was probably best value.

Activities: Plenty of them for the kids. Top Notch.

Beds/Sheets: The worst bed and sheets I have every experienced. The sheets DO NOT breathe. I did not have one good night sleep. I woke up soaked in sweat or frozen. Beds are small too. I travel a lot for work, sometimes hotels get like that where you're hot, then your cold. This was the worst I have ever experienced. The temp outside was 77 during day and 61 at night. I couldn't imagine the summer months. It was really bad and super uncomfortable.

Service: Outstanding. Never a question.

Would I go back? No. I'd definitely visit St Pete's Beach, but I wouldn't stay here again. I'd check out other hotels. If this was my last resort, I'd choose a totally different destination. My kids are 13 and 11 and they had fun. It's a nice family resort. I just think the value for what you get is not good. Food is overpriced and under-valued and the smart move is to bring your own food and drinks. But you couldn't pay me to spend another night in those beds. Nope. Can't do it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018

For how big it was, we never felt crowded. Employees were super nice. Room was clean and quiet! Our room was cleaned the minute we left it. The food was great, fun bars. Beach was clean too. Luiza Veizi was a super room cleaner/attendant and I would certainly ask for Lou Ann as a server - so efficient, fun and friendly!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review, Mary! We are so happy to hear that you found our property clean and quiet and that our employees made such an impact on your stay!