“Just ok - there is better”
Review of The King & I - CLOSED

The King & I
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Was hoping for a great Thai dinner after reading reviews, but unfortunately was disappointed. Just an average dinner with subpar service. Beef in dinner was NOT good.

1  Thank TravelWithNic

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had dinner there last night and was surprisingly good!

Visiting from Thailand, we rarely take a chance to eat Thai food away from home, as we are usually disappointed.

Happy to say the quality, service and value are all great.

We had Green curry w/chicken, som tom thai (papaya salad), basil w/pork, pad thai w/chicken, and pineapple rice w/chicken...and a few Singha beers to wash it down...All good!

Would recommend for sure :)

1  Thank tom t
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Since the set up isn't royal, we were reluctant to enter...once overcome our own resistance, we sat down and order one assortment each, SUSHIS for one sashimi for the other...no doubt it was prepared on demand...the fishes and shells tasted perfect, nicely presented on their boards, the service was almost friendly. Shall I mention that we had a bottle of acceptable merlot for 15 $ ?
This IMOA, is one I would recommend in the downtown St Petersburg...

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The sushi was fresh and our server made an effort to help us make gluten free choices. We were there after a long work day and it was really great to see a sense of urgency from our server. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We usually only get one dish here- the Sushi called SexyMan. It's soooooo good. They have a big menu of Thai food but I rarely get it. Just can't get enough SexyMan. Soups are good though.