Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$69.00
from US$55.60
from US$70.77
1,776 results
All reviews clear kayaks our tour guide great guide fun facts cool stuff local wildlife phenomenal tour collect shells low tide sea life sand dollars super fun recommend this trip sand bar a lot of fun great trip an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021

I was initially skeptical of the guided tour (my girlfriend and I are normally the rent a kayak and go our own way type), but I am glad we decided to do it. The tour takes you out to Shell Island beach, which is a beautiful island which is inaccessible by any means other than boat, and then they take you through some spectacular mangrove tunnels. Saw lots of wildlife along the way - dolphins, jellyfish, sea birds, crabs, and more. Our guide Charlie was great. He was very knowledgeable about the ecology of the islands and wildlife in the bay, was happy to answer questions, and didn’t rush our group. I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone, and would even do it again myself.

Tip: bring sunscreen and/or a sun shirt, and water. It get hot out there!

Date of experience: September 2021
Getupandgokayakingtb, Manager at Get Up And Go Kayaking - Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2021

Thank you for joining us on a clear kayak adventure!! We are thrilled you were able to see so much wildlife paddling through Shell Key and the mangroves. We really appreciate your thoughtful words about our guide and we can’t wait to have you back on another paddle!

Reviewed 19 September 2021

This was an amazing experience. First of all, this experience wouldn’t have been so incredible had it not been for Jenna, our guide. Jenna was warm, smiling, and welcoming from the very beginning. She eased any anxiety I had when I entered due to not being an experienced kayaker. Her energy was so soothingly positive and clear as the kayaks.

The tour was lovely. Even though we paddled a lot it never felt like it. The atmosphere was incredible and Jenna pointed out and educated us on so many different creatures we encountered: horseshoe crabs, ibis, pelicans, egrets, cormerants (how fun and chummy they are!) as well as the ecological aspects of the preserve itself.

We weren’t able to explore the mangroves due to low tide however we were able to pull up onto a beach and explore there. We walked along the shore, collecting many different seashells and enjoying the afternoon sun and fresh sea breeze. I then jumped in the water (salty and buoyant) and swam in the cool sea.

Jenna was so personable in her conversation, as we talked and shared both some history.

Overall to sum up in one word what made this excursion so exceptional: CONNECTION.

Connection to one another. Connection to nature. Connection to the air. Connection to the sea. Connection to possibilities. Connection to something which is greater than ourselves.

I can’t encourage you more to go. But call ahead and make sure Jenna is your guide.

Date of experience: September 2021

Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful review!! We are truly so happy Jenna was able to reassure you and be such a highlight on your paddle through Shell Key. It sounds like you got to see lots of wildlife and had a great time at the island!! We really appreciate your recommendation and hope you will join us again in the future!

Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

So much fun. Beautiful day and Charlie was awesome. Highly recommend. The clear kayaks are the best! And the beach was crystal clear, we went for a nice swim.

Thank you for your 5-star review!! We’re so happy you were able to join us on a clear kayak adventure on such a beautiful day! We really appreciate your kind words about our guide and we hope to have you back for another paddle soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

This experience was a highlight of my wife and I’s vacation! Our guide, Alessia, was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job!

Thank you for joining us on a clear kayak adventure!! We are so happy to hear your paddle through Shell Key with Alessia was so memorable. We appreciate your thoughtful review and hope you had a great rest of your vacation!

Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

This tour is super cool! I’ve lived in Tampa for 20 years and have never done this - wow, I can’t believe what I’ve been missing. Our tour guide Alessia was so knowledgeable about the local habitat and ecosystem. I learned so much about the area! She pointed out so much wildlife and was very interactive with the group. I will definitely be back - this is my new go-to activity for people who come visit me!

We are so glad you joined us on a clear kayak adventure!! We’re thrilled you were able to learn more about Shell Key with Alessia and got to see lots of wildlife along the way. We can’t wait to have you back!!