“Best chicken and waffles in the Bay Area.”

The Hangar Restaurant & Flight Lounge
Ranked #53 of 1,022 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located at the St. Petersburg Albert Whitted Airport, overlooking the runway to Tampa Bay waterfront. We are adjacent to USF St Petersburg Campus and All Children's Hospital and Bayfront Hospital, and close to St. Anthony's Hospital. Jazz Jam session every Monday night. Our Executive Chef Matthew Smith creates beautiful daily specials.
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Food was superb, portions were huge and the view of the air strip was nice to look while dining. The manager came around to make sure everything was to my liking so I give the service 5 stars.

Date of visit: March 2016
nancy2004_11, Owner at The Hangar Restaurant & Flight Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for dining with us. Hurry back for more Chicken and Waffles!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Decent service, average food. Fun on a Saturday morning when the planes are taking off from Albert Whited airport. Also great for a meal or cocktails before or after an event at the Mahffey Theater.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We sat outside and watched airplanes and helicopters take off and land. The food was great and they had a decent wine list for a small place. Very crowded as it was Valentines Day but the Staff and kitchen handled the crowd well. This was my second visit and I will go back.

Date of visit: February 2016
nancy2004_11, Owner at The Hangar Restaurant & Flight Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Dear DeanoVino,
Thank you for dining with us at the Hangar. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the wine list. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Westphals

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Found this gem on Yelp waiting for my car to be serviced. Excellent service and quality food. Glad I stumbled across it...heading to the Dali museum across the street. Will be visiting with the family another time.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 26 June 2016

My niece wanted to show us her favorite "local" breakfast place, so we met her at the Hanger and enjoyed it so much that we returned the next day! We had a wonderful "Piper" omelet ($10) that included fresh avocado and the creamiest goat cheese I've ever eaten. It came with a choice of potatoes and a fabulous biscuit. Next time we are in town, we'll be trying one of their lunches! My niece tells me that people fly in on their private planes when the Hanger has a sale on their hamburgers - can't wait!

Date of visit: June 2016

Dear buzzpatton9,
Thank you for dining with us at the Hangar Restaurant. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Piper omelet! And a thank you to your niece for introducing the Hangar to you!
The Westphals