“Exceptional Entrees ”

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Acropolis Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 981 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Acropolis in downtown St Pete is a beautiful location. Hosting two floors and patio seating upstairs and downstairs. A Greek and Mediterranean inspired menu that serves lunch and dinner and a unique Champagne Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am - 2pm. Weekends offer live entertainment including a Bouzouki player and belly dancer.
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great time at family gathering of six. The atmosphere was festive with live music. Although they claim to break dishes and throw napkins every night we only saw remains. The entrees were very good to exceptional. I shared the mix grill. It was savory, filling and nicely prepared. The souvlaki was superb and the Chicken and beef kabobs were excellent. The two sides were underwhelming: the "spinach" was minimal, with both pieces buried deep in the orzo; the artichoke was somewhere in the quinoa, which was very dry. Others raved about the Crete Lamb Special, the kibbee, and eggplant respectively. The house wine was also very good. For starters the grilled Octopus and Saganaki (flaming cheese) were delicious.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We visited here due to location, and because we have Greek relatives. Server was fun. Atmosphere was good. Bathroom needed cleaning, desperately, despite the fact that we visited at a slow time.
Menu choices we liked: fried calamari, falafel platter, vegetarian moussaka, regular moussaka, bubba ghanouj, grilled eggplant with halloumi on salad
Menu choices we did not like: stuffed grape leaves, orzo side dish
We will return because of location, but food is just okay

Reviewed 28 December 2017

The Acropolis is a beautiful restaurant with seating on two levels. You can also sit outside on the street level as well as a balcony off of second floor. The food was, however, disappointing.

We have been there two times and really can not recommend the restaurant from our experience. Best thing we had was the appetizer plate with four different appetizers including tzadziki, baba ganoush and two other dips. The first time I ordered the grilled snapper and explicitly asked that it not be overdone and dry. Well, when I got the fish, it was overdone and dry, plus it tasted old. The second time my wife ordered the snapper, hoping to have a better experience. Same thing happened. My son ordered the Giro plate and the meat was dried out. I ordered the Kapathos Chicken Salad and received a piece of chicken breast that was, by far, the hardest and toughest piece of chicken I have ever tried to eat. The menu stated the salad was made with spring greens but was only iceberg. Possibly the gyro and the chicken were under the heat lamp too long and dried out. If that is the case, too bad to waste good food due to the waiter not delivering it to the table in time. We won't be returning.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I came here with a group of people to celebrate a birthday. We had reservations and it was a Friday night. The restaurant was not overly busy but there were a number of people there. We had two tables and maybe 12 to 15 people in our group. I am not sure who our waiter was but our bill say's Joseph B. He was nice and polite; however he was obviously overwhelmed by the size of our group. We had two water bottles for each table but they were all empty at one point as well as our water glasses, when we asked for them to be filled it took 10 to 20 minutes. Some of us had to resort to going downstairs and ordering from the bar because our other drinks were not getting filled as well. I ordered a burger, as I like things that are generally bland in flavor. The cheese was not even melted on the burger when I got it. It tasted ok. My wife enjoyed her dish. The service was just really bad in getting beverages, and ordering. For a group of our size they really should have had someone helping him.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Great food and excellent service. We had gyro platter and kabobs. Enjoyed our visit to St. Pete and will be back - lots of fun