“Authentic Greek”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2017

If you've never had real Greek food and would like to know what it taste like, then Athenian Garden is the place to visit. Tucked away in a nice strip mall, this small place has a steady stream of customers eating in and picking up take out. Personally, I eat in and order a complete meal to take out.
Prices are reasonable, the servers are quietly nice and the food full of flavor. Everyone I've taken here has wanted to return.
Don't know where to start, look as others' food passes by you and ask "what's that". Still not sure, try the lunch special, it's good till 4(?). I always get the chicken souvlaki.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

The food was on point....the grilled octopus, hummus and greek salad was delish.
I had Shrimp Athenian which was very good and proportions were quite large enough left over to take home for the next day,

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I visited this restaurant in mind January for lunch and was totally delighted. I have been disappointed in Greek restaurants before, but not this time! My "Greek salad" was delicious and the grilled chicken with it was excellent - not dry and very flavorful. My son had a salad that included Tabouleh, which I have never found palatable. He cajoled me into tasting his and I was amazed. It was wonderful! Although very modest in decor, comfortable and pleasant. Serve was good, food was fresh and price was reasonable.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

This review is for Athenian Gardens at tyrone mall. I have been going for decades off and on. I usually order chicken souvlaki lunch special, but lately they seem to skimp on the onion and tomato. I order extra, but seem to get less when I do. Sandwiches are large, but I want more than just chicken. Salads are not bad. The beer selection is nothing more than the cheap tasteless budweiser brands. Sandwiches take a long time to come out of kitchen whether they are busy or not. Probably will not go back

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Had greek salad & chicken fajita wrap. Both a 10 on a scale of 10. Large podtions, very tasty, hard to find this good anywhere else. Marin, our waiter was superb, fast attentive, non obtrusive, anticipative of your needs. We love this place