“I didnt wanna cook / take out!”
Review of Cuban Delight Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuban Delight Cafe
Reviewed 20 June 2014

2 cuban sandwich meals, pulled pork meal! My 7yo and 11yo split a meal. Black beans, yellow rice with all 3! The portions are huge. Everything was yummy! Mmmmm happy bellies! I still have 1/2 mine in the fridge. Ready in 10 mins! 3 meals was over 30 bucks.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is my kind of place! My wife and I were on vacation in Madeira Beach and we wanted Cuban so I looked at reviews online and found this place. When we pulled up in front I knew it was going to be good. Little hole in the wall in a dingy little shopping plaza. These places turn out to be good more often than not and Cuban Delight didn't disappoint. We both opted for the Cuban sandwich combo with beers (Cuban sandwich, yellow rice, black beans and a longneck bottled Bud Light for $11). The sandwiches were exactly what a good Cuban is supposed to be. Thin layers of ham and roast pork pressed just long enough in good Cuban bread with mayo, mustard and pickles. The rice and beans were perfect as well with great flavor and exactly the right texture. The rice was light and fluffy and the beans were just a little soupy so you can pour them over the rice and make a heavenly side dish. I'm thinking of moving to St. Pete and I will be in this place at least once a week. The owner is a really nice guy who served us himself and has pictures of him when he was in the navy on a shelf behind the counter. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE FRIEND!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

A friend who works in the area recommended this little neighborhood cafe boasting that it was the best cuban place around. When we pulled up in front of the joint I started to think to myself, "well the food, not the ambiance, HAS to be the reason my friend spoke so highly of it." Located on the corner of an old strip mall, it leaves a lot to be desired in decor. But, the food lived up to its reputation. The cuban sandwich had the most incredible, moist roast pork. The bread was warm and toasted perfectly. The empanadas were savory and flaky. The rice and beans seasoned just right. Service is friendly and polite, and the price is right!!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Cuban Sandwich amazement..Delicious hearty food and friendly service with a smile. They loved an Aussie sampling their menu.

Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

A friend suggested Cuban Delights for lunch today and I'm glad he did. I had Arroz con pollo and it was very good. Large portions as well. My friend had the roast pork. Both were served with yellow rice and a bowl of beans (black, red, or garbonzo-sp?). For my meal and soda it was $10 before tip...not bad considering you could easily save half and have another meal later. Very casual setup/atmosphere. Waitress was ok...we showed up at 1:00 and only one table had customers but at least 4 tables were dirty and also had to request silverware after food was served...other than that tho, she was friendly. Definitely worth a try.