“Great place of Vietnamese Faire”
Review of Mekong

Mekong
Ranked #310 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stopped in on a wim and was glad we did. Talked to regulars and they said they liked the fresh food and wait staff. The young lady we had was charming and helpful. We enjoyed the Pho, Cha Goi, and split a Bahn Mie sandwich. All were great and the fried spring roll was served with lettuce, daikon and carrots and great fish sauce. The restuarant was clean but, the restrooms need a little TLC. All in all - we will be back!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Small local Vietnamese restaurant- probably family owned. Thoughtful service well priced. We ordered spring rolls thinking they were the fried rolls, but they were the fresh.. very delicious. Ordred Vietnamese "egg rolls". ( the fried Vietnamese rolls); also very good.The Pho was very tasty and the Vietnamese port chop order was huge and delicious. Would definitely come back when we are in the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Hey guys this is a place I forgot to write about .I LOVE THIS PLACE . Its not fancy ,it is not over priced .This is a place that is 30min drive from my home in Clearwater , worth the drive every time. Hell my son lives south of the SKY WAY and when he comes up to see me, he will ask for Mekong . If you like PHO, this is the place to GO . Great staff by the way .

Reviewed 21 April 2016

My wife and I stopped to have lunch when our usual nearby restaurant was busy on a Sunday afternoon... The restaurant was well presented and the help very friendly... We ordered a soup bowl with a variety of beefs, and a dry noodles dish... For both dishes we opted for egg noodles... The usual noodle we see in most restaurants is rice noodles...
Will for sure return again (and again)... Not because of a busy "other" restaurant, but for these two newly found great dishes...

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We decided to try this Ina Sunday afternoon when our original destination was closed on Sunday. Pulled in and saw tripadvisor reviews so we decided to try. Very quiet and pretty clean. Menu was huge but we were not familiar with Vietnamese food so we were rookies. We ordered number 2 spring rolls and did not realize it would be cold. Fresh ingredients but not what we expected. I ordered #82 chicken and broccoli with rice. Fresh ingredients but needed sauce to taste. All the sauces were on the table and needed. My husband got beef pho and he said it was "ok" but again we never had this type of food before so we found it hard to say whether it was good or not. My daughter got sweet and sour chicken with rice which she liked. We all drank water since soft drinks were $3 each. Our service was prompt and friendly. When we were leaving a woman came in looking for a different kind place and another patron told her "I eat here 3 times a week" eat here!!
Interesting place but not sure I would run back for Vietnamese food.