“Check to see if your home team is in town”
Review of Tropicana Field

Tropicana Field
Ranked #25 of 140 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Tampa Bay Rays, this major league park is the first to feature naturally looking FieldTurf.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As a Boston native, it was a great way to spend an evening while in St Pete to watch Red Sox vs Tampa Bay ( Sox won). Often low attendance makes seating readily available. Our seats were on 3rd level but offered a fine view of the entire field. Plenty of parking available and other sites and numerous food alternatives within a short walk of the stadium.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)
All reviews
"climate controlled"
in 24 reviews
"ray tank"
in 23 reviews
"great place to watch a game"
in 22 reviews
in 21 reviews
"great seats"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Went to opening day of the 2018 season, and the stadium was unable to handle the large crowd, even though it had been sold out for several days. First we waited for 40 minutes to get through security (which was lax when we actually got up there), then another half hour to get through the line to scan our tickets and enter the park. So even though we had arrived 45 minutes early, we got to our seats in the second inning. Around the fourth inning I went up to the food stand selling chicken, only to find after waiting on line for 30 minutes that they had run out of all varieties of food! The next inning I tried the pizza line with similar results, except that after another 20 minutes I managed to get a personal pie with pepperoni (which I don't eat and had to take off, but that's all they had). It was the worst job of providing services at a ballpark that I have ever seen. I gave 2 stars rather than one because we enjoyed the game itself. But this park needs to get itself together if it is going to draw some fans!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Opening day 2018, took about one hour to get in the stadium, got in, second inning had already started. Tried to get some food, waited 45 minutes to be told that nothing was ready that I would have to wait maybe another 30 minutes. Can't believe that some food stands were closed. Don't tell me that it was a surprise to see 50 000 fans on opening day. Not the best team on the field and certainly one of the worse fan treatment I have ever seen. Never going back there . Sent comments on twitter and I never got an answer.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went to the first 2 games of the season; RedSox vs Rays. The location is easy to reach and has plenty of parking especially if you buy it in advance. There are excellent services for those that need help reaching their seats. Temperature & humidity are always comfortable in the dome. Ushers are very friendly & the food is good but a little pricey. We hope the team stays put and does not relocate. St. Petersburg is undergoing a nice rehab in the downtown area.

1  Thank TedB918