“Cool Restaurant in Downtown St. Pete”
Review of Stillwaters Tavern

Stillwaters Tavern
Ranked #62 of 963 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Description: A Modern American Tavern, where classic American dishes blend harmoniously with old world flavors. The menu highlights items from both land and sea, with a focus on bringing unique flavors from the kitchen to your table. We look to our exceptional collaboration with local artisans, farmers and foragers to serve the best seasonal and locally produced dairy, vegetables, grains, seafood and shellfish.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ventured to downtown St. Pete for a date night and visited Stillwaters for dinner. Parking might be an issue on Beach Drive, but we found a garage for $6 a block away and it was an easy walk to the restaurant. The downtown is great - easily walkable and so many cool restaurants, bars, and shops, as well as museums and parks. Stillwaters has both indoor and outdoor seating; we opted to dine inside, but we were seated by the window and were able to people-watch. We started with the smoked fish spread - the menu says it is served with saltines, but they are NOT from a box! They are made in house and are the perfect complement to the spread, which was delicious - a good amount for two and not too heavy of a starter. For entrees, my husband had the Korean-style short ribs (which he gave two very enthusiastic thumbs up) and I ordered the fish of the day, scallops. There were only three scallops but they were HUGE! Perfectly seared and tender. They were served over farro with a mix of mushrooms, artichokes, and spinach, and curried cauliflower, which was a highlight of the dish. The service was average; our server was nice enough, but not particularly attentive. However, we were very happy with our meals and the restaurant atmosphere. It was a great spot to dine and then walk off our dinner around the downtown area!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We recently, with friends, enjoyed a late Friday night dinner at Stillwater Tavern. Our friends are fans of ST while our past experience was less enthusiastic.

In the past we’ve thought the ST menu to be a bit quirky; not a lot to choices which met our tastes. Our recent experience exhibited a different, far more attractive menu. We were pleased!

Our friends are fans of the seafood special at Stillwater. I followed their example and thoroughly enjoyed the grilled scallops. Our service was equally as good.

We sat on the patio ; a great choice for people watching during Spring Break. One comment however. A couple of screws were missing from my bar stool, it’s only a matter of time before it collapses under a patron.

Parking is always an issue for Beach restaurants; valet is likely the best choice. We walked a couple of blocks. A good idea after dinner if perhaps you over indulged.

We appreciated the menu changes at ST. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My daughter and I ate dessert late one night on the patio. Service was great, my cocktail was perfect and the desserts were delectable. Would highly recommend the patio area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lunch service was quick and they were able to accommodate my friend's dietary needs. Our server was friendly but he disappeared towards the end. I enjoyed my grilled cheese sandwich of pimento cheese,Gouda, Parmesan, and added bacon. Fries were okay, I'm a little picky and like them extra crispy. My friends had salads with salmon & chicken, the portions looked huge! A little overpriced for my lunch choice but still tasty. They offer a nice outdoor patio with views of the water that would be wonderful for brunch or sunset dinner. A nice place for lunch but nothing about our experience stood out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four of us enjoyed lunch here with mixed reviews. The housemade gin/ginger drink was excellent! The cuban sandwiches are large and wonderful. I had the poutine. They add pulled pork on it which had a weird sweetness to it I did not like. The chicken vegetable soup also had a weirdness to it- too much cumin? The atmosphere is really cool and the wait staff attentive and freindly.