“Great German type meals and food!”
Review of Hollerbach's

Hollerbach's
Ranked #1 of 236 Restaurants in Sanford
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sehr gut zum Essen. Visiting from Canada with friends in Orlando. Always on the visit list as a place to dine. Great beer too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Some coworkers who live in the Sanford area recommended this restaurant, especially after hearing that I enjoy German food (see my reviews of Helen, GA). The restaurant, which is in downtown Sanford near the marina, was close to the hotel my wife and I were staying in, so on we went. The inside is quaint, not one for a romantic evening, but good food and fun. As we sat down, our waiter took our drink and appetizer orders. We ordered the large pretzel--all I can say is WOW.

I ordered the veal Wiener Schnitizel with Spaetzle and the Cucumber salad,, and my wife had the goulash. We were having a wonderful time.

Now you might say, why am I not giving this place a 5 star? Well, as we were slowing down, my wife noticed that our waiter was nowhere to be found. We did see him far away at another table, and then would disappear again. I was being more patient than my wife. We called over another server, who must have notified our guy. He came over after another little bit, and then we asked for 2 boxes and the check.

And then...he disappears again!! It was only after another server who saw me waiting, asked us what was going on. Soon after, our waiter showed up with our boxes and check, and gave what I thought was a lame excuse.

3 results:

1)The waiter did not get a very good tip (and I was being generous),

2) I told a bunch of people at work about our experience.

3) The next time we go to Sanford, we'll try somewhere else.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went with a very large group for a friend's birthday. There was a very long wait, they say you need three months notice to get a table. We didn't wait too long but some people waited three hours! I'm a pretty picky eater but I enjoyed all my food. For some reason it was all very very sweet. I had the chicken schnitzel cordon bleu. Delicious! But I probably won't go again just because of how long it took the food to get there. (And not just our group but all tables) The servers do a great job it's easily one of the busiest restaurants I've ever been to.
Personally I hate interactive restaurants, live music is nice but there's a lot of screaming and shouting. But if you're into that I'm sure you'd have fun!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I ate here on 3/29/18. the restaurant was busy, but we were seated immediately. My friend ordered the Jager Schnitzel, with pork for the meat, along with broccoli and sauerkraut for his sides. The Schnitzel comes with a nice gravy on it. He loved the taste, and took a good bit of his entree home. The broccoli was just average, but his sauerkraut was awesome, very flavorful. I ordered the Wiener Schnitzel, with veal for the meat ($5 uncharge). I opted for the potato pancakes, and side salad. My Schnitzel was cooked just right. the Potato pancakes were delicious, and had a very small cup of apple sauce with them. My side salad was very large, came with two small pieces of bread, and I got the raspberry vinaigrette dressing, which was tasty. I had a soft drink, and my friend just had water. Service is quick, and place is lively. Love the way the servers dress! I orderedn apple strudel, and it was delicious, and came with a light sauce on the side.Tab before gratuity was $50. Awesome place!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The reviews do not lie, this place is great! Very authentic German atmosphere with live music that fits. The beer is excellent and I had the Wienerschnitzel which was fantastic. They have a ton of menu options and everything I had including the sides was excellent. Service was top-notch as well.