Review Highlights
My wife said to me after spotting the first dolphin, “This alone was worth the cost.”

Terrific boat ride. The host shared interesting stories about the history of Sanibel and Captiva... read more

Reviewed yesterday
13013Beasley
Columbus, Ohio
An Absolute Must!!!

If you are planning a trip to Sanibel island you absolutely must take a ride on the Sanibel... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
522tessas
Alger, Ohio

Recommended experiences in and around Sanibel Island
from US$97.44
from US$299.00
from US$650.00
More Info
All reviews boat ride last row dolphins jumping captain jr sea spray tour guide smooth ride boat's wake great ride pine island sound awesome experience interesting facts hour trip pods crew narrator rows
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Sanibel Thriller did not disappoint! Grant and Adam did a fantastic job working so hard to make it a memorable excursion. My daughter and I sat towards the middle of the boat and were able to hear the history and and highlights that Adam provided. I think that towards the back of the boat the people had a difficult time hearing but they had front row seats to the dolphins, so pick your priority. I did not have any trouble seeing dolphins from my seat and the people in the back were kind enough to let my 8 year old back there. The ride was smooth, comfortable and felt totally safe The absolute highlight was the dolphins! Grant and Adam were able to spot several pods and engage them with the boat. At one point we had about a dozen dolphins showing off for us and they followed us for miles, there were even some babies! I don't know if it was the perfect 74 degree, sunny, calm weather that made the conditions so ideal or if we were just that lucky but its a trip that will be memorable for a long time. I thought that the pricing was better than reasonable but don't forget cash to tip your crew! We had so much fun that we are considering doing it again in 2 days. Thank you so much, Sanibel Thriller!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My dad booked this Sanibel Thriller for my husband, step mom and I. It was a blast! The staff were friendly and our Captain and guide were great. Masks were not required once on board the boat. Even though this was a gift whatever the price was is definitely worth it. Our tour started at 11:00 this Saturday and last just about 90 min. We saw a ton of dolphins so have phones and cameras ready to go at all time. I also loved the facts about the Islands, it put a different spin on a guided tour.
A few things you should know before you go.
1. Put on sunscreen BEFORE.
2. If you get cold easily bring a jacket. (There is always a breeze )
3. Sit in the middle of front. It can be hard to hear from the last two rows, and you are less likely to get wet. Also the last row and sometimes 2nd to last row will be asked several times during the trip to walk up front so the boat can get up to speed.
4. Bring cash for a tip after, the staff will appreciate it!

Enjoy

Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

First time ever in Sanibel. We got to the Thriller and it was kinda cold (low 60s) as well as raining. We were worried we would not see very many dolphins. Turns out it was a blast. We had a great captain and we were finding dolphin pod after dolphin pod. Our guide also told us lots of really interesting information about the island on the way out to see the dolphins. This trip is extremely worth doing regardless of the weather.

Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

This trip was amazing! We were a bit worried about getting sea sick but took Dramamine and were perfectly fine! In fact we were amazed by how smooth the ride was. The dolphins did not disappoint! It took a while to find some but when we did it was a real treat! We had a pod follow us for about 6 miles which they said was rare! Highly recommend and would do again!

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 2 September 2020

Florida in late August is HOT, so a ride on the Thriller is a welcome relief. We enjoyed our tour but dolphins, being living creatures, were not cooperating with the crew on our trip out. It took a LOT of effort on the part of our crew to find dolphins. They just weren't around where we were looking. We spotted some on three occasions, but never quite got them to follow the boat, until just immediately before heading back into the marina. The captain (Grant) did his absolute best to find and engage them, so this was all about nature vs. crew's effort. I'd give the crew 5 stars for their effort. They REALLY wanted people to see dolphins! The tour included a very interesting rundown of the history of the island group (Sanibel, Captiva, North Captiva, Cabbage Key, Pine Island, La Costa, etc.). When we made our reservation on the phone, the owner mentioned a tour AROUND the island, which we took to mean a complete circle out into the gulf and around the island. However, the tour briefly went into the gulf at Redfish Pass, and returned to the bayside of the islands to return to the marina. We were not disappointed, because the crew were great, but it was different than what we thought we were going to see. We highly recommend the Thriller because of the cleanliness and safety of the boat and the highly determined and knowledgeable crew!

Date of experience: August 2020